NINE

~***~

~***~

"Vould you look at zat?" Chekov breathed looking out the window. "Anya, look at zat!"

I looked up and smiled as the Enterprise came into view. "She is one beautiful ship."

I watched as we got closer and closer to the Enterprise. I had seen it while it was still under construction and I knew it was going to be beautiful but even that word seemed to do the starship an injustice. I looked beyond, into the dark abyss of space and felt a giddiness explode inside me.

Space. There was nothing more beautiful and dangerous than space. If Leonard was here he'd probably describe all the known disease waiting for us out there, list all the ways we could die, and grumble about how he hated space. It made me smile.

Our shuttle landed in the shuttlebay and we all went to get changed, going to our designated places to prepare. I entered the sickbay, to check in with Doctor Puri, before going to the bridge. "Doctor Puri?" I inquired as I knocked on the closed office door.

"Come in." He looked up from whatever he was doing and smiled. "Anastasiya. Look how you've grown."

"Thank you, Doctor. How are you?"

"I am good. I am glad to see you finally on a starship. You were an excellent student. It's too bad you decided to become a psychologist."

"Ah, it isn't so bad. At least I know how to get into others heads," I gasped jokingly. "Maybe I'm in your head!"

He laughed. "Get to the bridge."

I giggled as I closed his office door. "Doctor Tchaikovskaya?" A nurse inquired coming up to me.

"Yes?"

"The Captain has requested your presence on the bridge."

"I'm headed there now but thank you," I replied.

I walked out of medbay, heading toward the turbolift and just happened to enter at the same time as Spock. I gave him a nod. "Anya, may I make a personal inquiry?"

"Shoot."

"I am afraid I do not understand your reference to-"

"It means ask your question."

"Ah, well, I have been reading your files again and I was wondering if I could ask you more in depth questions about the effects of your jump in time."

"If we have time, yes. I can't give you specifics on the machine but I can talk about the theories."

"Thank you."

"No problem," I responded as the turbolift opened and I stepped out.

Spock goes to his station while I stand next to the Captain's chair. "Mister Spock."