THREE

~***~

Three years has passed since Aleksandr and I traveled to this universe. I had taken Chris' advice and enrolled in Starfleet, graduating within the end of my second year and establishing that I already had degrees without raising many question. I had to prove what I knew, which had me cramming from textbook after textbook to familiarize myself with the knew knowledge. 235 years worth of knowledge to go over, most of which was to become familiar with alien species rather than human. In that area it seemed not much had changed, only advancements and further understanding, so I suppose it changed slightly.

I had also taken Chris up on his offer to take us in. He was kind, strict but kind. He did like to ask what the 21st century had been like and I told him what I could. When he found me burning my research for my time machine, he didn't ask any questions. He didn't say anything. We stood there in silence, watching the flames consume everything. I had grown to appreciate him a great deal. After my last year in the Academy, he managed to convince me to become an Instructor, teaching Xenobiology and Psychology, relieving one of my instructors, who had decided to retire. It was difficult. The first year of classes were difficult for a two reasons: One, those who were older than I, which were many of my students as I was only 22, tried to humiliate me in front of the entire class, trying to get me to slip up, or say something incorrectly. A feat none accomplished. The other reason was because of the fact I was young, I got many of my students who tried to hit on me, and it wasn't just the students. Even some of the other instructors tried as well.

I had managed to make two friends through it all. Nyota Uhura was a student of mine, though I didn't know that until we had run into each other at a bar and started talking. I remember promptly apologizing and after she said it was fine we became fast friends. My other friend, if you could call him that, was a Vulcan by the name of Spock. I don't think I will ever be able to forget that encounter.

~***~

I ran towards the main campus building, maneuvering my way through the crowd, some shooting me disapproving glances as I almost ran into them. I was in a rush. Chris had called me to his office, saying that he had wished to speak about something important. A new test, that needed to be so difficult that no one could pass it. It was beyond me on why he wanted me to help with the project but it was something new, something exciting.

When I got to his door, I calmed down my heart, straightened myself before knocking on his door lightly. "Come in."

I slipped inside with a smile and asked, "You wished to see me, sir?" The other male in the room turned to look at me as Chris stood.

"Ah, yes. Anya, I would like to introduce you to Lieutenant Commander Spock," He greeted motioning to the Vulcan who was watching me with calculative eyes. "Lieutenant Commander, this is Doctor Anastasiya Tchaikovskaya."

I smiled. "A pleasure to meet you Lieutenant Commander."

"The pleasure is mine, Doctor," Spock greeted.

"Oh, please. Call me Anya. I am not big on titles." He raised an eyebrow.

"Fascinating. Nyota has told me much about you."

"I hope good things."

"Of course," He turned to Chris, "Sir, I am more than qualified to make the test myself."

I felt a cold feeling creep into my chest. "Anya is an exceptional Psychologist and I believe that her input will help," Chris said.

"I-If the Lieutenant Commander does not wish for my help, I will not force it upon him," I muttered. "Besides, I don't know any more than the test books the give the students."