:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 16] //A Vampire Romance//

Start from the beginning

Before I could reply he was across the room, tackling the other vampire in a football type tackle.

"Run!" he shouted as the other vampire struggled underneath him.

I didn't need to be told twice. I sprinted away from the window towards the door, ignoring the throbbing of my body. I winged open the door and bolted down the hallway, breathing heavily as the dark halls seemed to close on me. I nearly jumped down the stairs, my adrenaline kicking in.

As I passed the living room I heard a shout of pain that sounded very familiar. I froze and backed up a few steps. Ayden had told me not to stop for anything. There was a thud and a muffled groan. I grabbed the door handle and shoved the door to the living room open.

There were four vampires in the room. Damian was on the ground with a vampire with long blonde hair pulled into a ponytail stepping down onto his neck. Another vampire who had messy brown hair had his head and was trying to twist it. The last vampire with messy black hair was standing near the wall, watching it all.

"What are you doing?" I cried shrilly, causing all four vampires to freeze and look at me. The lights came back on, adding to the effect.

The one holding Damian's head looked at me and smirked. I took an involuntary step back. Damian looked at me horrified.

"Maddie..." he croaked sounding terrified. "Run!"

"Get her," the black-haired vampire leaning against the wall ordered.

I hesitated for a second. I couldn't leave Damian here by himself. They would kill them. But if I ran for it, I could go get Ayden for help, or call Callie, or Dustin, or someone! But what if it was too late by the time whoever I managed to get a hold of got here?

Before I could do anything however, I saw a figure lunge at me from the corner of my eye and I dived to the side. Déjà vu much? I thought, landing on my back again.

"Watch out!"

I turned in time to see a T.V hurdling at me. A freaking T.V! I opened my mouth to scream, but before the T.V could hit me, Damian jumped over me, his hair falling down into my face. I saw his expression turn to pain as the T.V hit him.

"Damian, are you okay?" I gasped, as he clenched his jaw.

"I'm fine," he told me, standing up, and knocking the T.V off his back. He turned back to the vampire that had thrown the T.V and hurled it back at him.

I quickly scrambled to my feet. Something grabbed my arm roughly and I cried out in pain as I was tugged backwards, stumbling over my feet, nearly falling over again.

"I'm sorry," Damian murmured, dragging me backwards still.

When had he gotten back on his feet? I glanced around the room to see one of the three vampires lying motionless on the floor. That must have been the one that was stepping on Damian.

Suddenly I was yanked to the side so hard I was pulled off my feet. I felt Damian's grip on me be released and I landed on the ground with a thud. I looked up just in time to see Damian receive a blow to the face by one of the vampires. "Damian!"

I struggled onto my feet again, pushing myself off the ground and onto shaky feet. The vampire that had been leaning against the wall this whole time stared at me with an amused expression.

"Run!" Damian yelled at me, grabbing the brown haired vampire's arm and twisting it back.

I nodded. Now that one of the vampires had been taken care of, Damian would have a better chance while I went for help. As soon as I took a step towards the door, something hit me from the front, forcing me against the wall violently. I shut my eyes from the pain of the impact as I gasped.