Chapter 14: Jordan

I slowly guided Damian through the door, the smell of freshly baked bread filled my nose. My stomach rumbled, causing Damain to giggle. A waitress came up to us and she led us to our table. It was in the more quiet area of the room, meaning Damian could more easily hear me. The waitress gave us a menu, her face twisting in confusion as Damian did not reach to take it. I gestured her to let it go and she did, a nervous smile playing on her lips. She seemed pretty young, maybe she hadn't worked here for that long.

"What do you want to eat, pup?"

Damian hesitated for a second, so I quickly added that he could have anything he wanted. That's something I'd need to work on with him. Teaching him to believe that he's not a burden to me, in any possible way.

"Do they have a panini?"

I read through the menu, seeing if they had anything like that. They had sandwiches, soup, fries, burgers, salads... And paninis.

"They have an Italian one with mozzarella, pesto and tomatoes. They have a BBQ chicken one, one with ham and pineapple and one with tuna." I glanced up at Damian again but he was still thinking about it, so I already took a look for something that I might want. My eyes immediately found their way to a sandwich with chicken and avocado. That should be good.

"Can I have the one with pineapple?"

"Of course, want anything to drink with that?"

When the waitress returned, I ordered two coffee and the food that we chose. Damian seemed to have lost the tension that he carried this morning, and I was glad about that. It's difficult to tell what's going on in his head. I would never push him to open up to me, but it'd make it so much easier to actually Dom him. But of course he's been with me for very little time. He'll open up to me when he's ready.

"Do you have class tomorrow, Damian?"

"Yes. We have psychology, English and sub training."

"Have you done your homework?"

"Yes, Sir. I have. There's just one thing that I can't get quite right..."

I tilted my head in curiousity. I'd seen his grades. He's one of the best students in the entire school. I wonder what it could be that he couldn't get right.

"Want me to help?"

Damian sighed and nodded.

"In sub training, they teach us how to read our Dom's body language. But... Well. I think the issue is obvious. I can never see the way you raise your eyebrows at me or when you smile... When I learn the theory I know what it must look like from my memory, but... I'll fail the test."

I leaned forward and took Damian's hands in mine, gently rubbing his skin with my thumbs. Damian let out a frustrated sigh but he relaxed into my touch.

"Damian, that specific test isn't an individual one. We'll have to take it together. We can figure out how to give each other the signals we have to know. We'll find a way. Besides, you can hear most of my signals through my voice already. And the physical stuff... It'll come to us naturally. You'll do perfect on that test, Damian. You're an amazing sub, and everyone will see."

Damian nodded slowly, processing the information. It made me slightly mad that his teacher hadn't told him this in class, but I would be able to help him out. It was only a matter of trying it out to see what works and what doesn't.

"I guess-"

Damian stopped talking and tilted his head. I followed the direction and tried to see what sound could've distracted him. No loud sounds. Just lots of people and lots of chatter... And Mr. Bradley. I saw that he spotted us sitting as well and Damian's former Dom came walking towards us. I could see the blush spreading on Damian's cheeks and even though I really liked Mr. Bradley, I couldn't help the jealous sting in my chest.

"Jordan, Damian, how nice to see you here! How are you doing?" He put his hand on Damian's shoulder, to which my sub leaned into the touch almost instinctively, and the knot in my stomach grew tighter. I had to stop my ridiculous behavior, they weren't doing anything wrong. They'd been together for a long time. However, my mind wouldn't stop chanting the mine, mine, mine, over and over again.

"We're doing very good, Sir," I answered, forcing a smile on my face. Mr. Bradley smiled at me and then turned to Damian.

"And what about you?"

"I-I'm doing good, Sir. I'm really glad Jordan chose me, he takes very good care of me."

Mr. Bradley nodded, pleased with the situation. He pointed at one of the other teacher's of Ravenwood that he brought with him.

"Work meeting, I'll leave you boys to it. Have fun!"

He ruffled Damian's hair gently and then turned away, walking towards his colleague and paying no more attention to us. But I could almost see how much it'd done to Damian. His cheeks were still flushed, his head still tilted towards the direction of Mr. Bradley's voice. He'd leaned into him. It was obvious.

We were both silent. Our previous converstion no longer in our minds. I could feel the tension grow. Damian was obviously thinking about the same thing, but neither of us actually brought it up. So we sat in silence until the waitress came to bring our order.

"Enjoy your meal," I said to Damian. He nodded slowly and slowly reached out to his plate, feeling where everything was placed.

We finished our meal in silence. Sometimes Mr. Bradley's voice would be loud enough for us to hear, and I could see Damian tense more and more.

Damian was officially my sub, but in his mind he was still Mr. Bradley's.

It hurt.