Chapter 26- The Late Night Conversation

En başından başla

He didn't really seem open to the idea, nor did he not accept the offer. I'm not sure what to think of this, how do I take it? I'm probably just over thinking it.

Mom still hasn't called or messaged me letting me know that they got home safe. If the situation was different, I probably wouldn't expect another call for a while.

Turning to face my boyfriend, his eyes resting peacefully closed, nothing bothering him, his face relaxed, mouth slightly apart. He seems happy in our relationship... I hope he is, he's the only thing holding me together at the moment.

My phone begins to buzz, making the screen to light up. Squinting for my eyes to adjust to the bright light my mother's name is flashing. Kissing Shane's forehead I softly untangle his arm from around my waist. By the time I got downstairs it had stopped ringing and I sit on the couch as I dial her back.

"Hello, darling!" My mother's cheerful voice rings through the phone.

"Hey mom," I smile. "How was your flight?"

"You know it was very nice, although I have to say I slept most of it and watched movies," his small giggles between her words make my heart flutter with joy. She always did that when she was happy. "Oh goodness! It's just after twelve there! I totally forgot about the time difference, did I wake you?"

"No, no. I couldn't sleep I'm not feeling the greatest," I excuse, her concerns come through the speaker of my phone telling me to make tea. I tell her that I will when I wake up, she tells me to do it now. So I do as I'm told and go to the kitchen and turn the hot water on.

"What are you going to do today?" I ask my mother as I lean on the counter as I wait for the kettle to boil.

"Probably go to my friend's bakery it opened just last week, she told me I should help her. I'll go there for a bit and then probably watch a show," she explains to me. A show is a tv series she gets hooked on, so she doesn't name the tv show she just says a show.

"Well, that will be good!" I tell her picking up the kettle just as it starts to give a low whistle before it turns high pitched just so it doesn't wake Shane. "By the way should I put honey in?"

"Oh yes dear that would be even better," I can just tell that she's nodding and waving her hand in the air telling me to put more in the cup. After stirring the tea and go back into the living room and sit on the couch with a lamp on.

"Is Shane sleeping?" Her next question comes, I nod my head as I take a sip of the tea.

"Yeah, he is," just as I reply a low voice grumbles my name along with a yawn. "Just kidding he's awoken," I giggle as he walks toward in just his boxers, rubbing his eyes like a child as he gets used to the light that's spilling through the lamp beside me.

"Hey sorry I'm just talking to mom," he nods sitting next to me before flopping into a laying position on my lap.

I take a big sip of tea regretting it two seconds later, the hot liquid flows down my body leaving a nice burning sensation. "Mom I'm going to fall asleep any second, I'll call you soon," I tell her.

"Okay honey, did you at least finish half of your tea?"

Looking at the cup, I'd have to say I'm about a quarter way done, "more or less," I joke her laugh is heard through the phone as Shane even gives a chuckle.

"Goodnight sweetheart,"

"Bye mom," with that I hang up. I put my phone down beside me, running my fingers through his hair, making it even messier than before.

"Did your moms call wake you up?" He asks me as a big yawn passes through his mouth.

"No I never fell asleep," I admit quietly, his eyebrows furrow with confusion as his eyes stay closed.