one

"I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted."

"Hey Calum, where ya goin' mate?" Ashton asked me while I grabbed my jumper and keys.

"I'm going for a drive." I sighed.

Michael snickered. "Why? It's almost midnight."

"I need to get some things off of my mind, okay?" I walked towards the door and put my hand on the knob. "I'll be back before you know it."

Once I got out, I stuck my hands in my pocket and exhaled, seeing the vapor float around in the air.

That's how I would get things off of my mind; go for a late night drive. I also like the quietness when I'm alone because it makes me think.

I got in the car and started the engine, then drove off slowly.

It's been nearly nine months since she left me. Left me, for another guy. I don't know why. She was drunk again. And something happened.

Ever since she left, we haven't talked to each other. Whenever we saw each other, we'd only make eye contact for a few seconds and then look away.

I guess she woke up with amnesia.

I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted.

We were both drinkers when we were together, but I stopped. I mean, I still drink but, not that much.

We would both sneak out late at night with bottles of vodka and go anywhere where there are trees or out of sight; the park, the woods, behind trucks, cars, an ally in the city... It was surely an adventure.

But now, drinking isn't fun without her.