"Goodnight," I yell.

"Goodnight Scarlett. I love you."

I roll my eyes and walk into my house.

Hayden's POV-

I wait for her to shut her light off and go to sleep then I grab the presents I ran out and got her after she went into her house.

I climb on the branch of the tree that connects our house. I carefully hold onto her presents while trying not to fall. 

I open her window and step inside. I set her presents on her desk and dresser. I look around her room and spot sticky notes. I pull off a couple and stick them around her room. I stop and look around. When I satisfied with everything I smile and climb back out the window.

Scarlett's POV-

I wake up and take my sleep mask off. I rub my eyes and then open them. I gasp.

Covering my desk and the dresser is dozens of flowers and chocolates. On my walls are sticky notes that say, 'I love you, Scarlett! -Hayden.' and 'Good Morning! -Hayden'

I look at all the flowers on my desk. There's only one single rose in all the flowers. The tag on it says, 'I know you don't like roses because you think they're cliche but, I needed to include one to tell you I love you.'

I roll my eyes and run downstairs to get vases to throw flowers in.

When I'm done I throw on some shorts and a t-shirt then I climb the tree to Hayden's room.

He's sitting on his bed in just shorts looking at his phone. He looks up as I climb into his window and he smiles.

"Hey, Scarlett! Did you get my presents?" He smirks.

"Hayden. You need to stop." I hiss, "I love that you did that but, this isn't gonna change anything I'm not gonna date you-" I take and deep breath and lie."Besides I like Johnny."

His face falls, "You like Johnny?" 

I nod and turn around to start climbing out the window. "You should date Annie instead. Let the rumors be true." I don't look at his face as I climb out the window and back to my room. I close my window and blinds then I sit on my bed. After a minute of sitting there reality comes crashing down on me and I start crying.

Pros- Hayden will be happier with Annie. Annie likes Hayden and will be happy. Johnny likes me and I'll date him and be happyish. Johnny will be happy that's he's dating me because he likes me.

Cons- I hurt Hayden. I won't be completely happy. 

Well, there are more pros than cons so maybe I can learn to be happy.

My phone rings and I wipe my eyes.

"Hello?" I say as I answer it and put it up to my ear.

"Hey, Scarlett! Good morning. I wanted to know if you'd wanna umm... be my girlfriend?" Johnny asks

"I'd love to!" I smile.

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow!" We both hang up and I look towards my window which is closed and the blinds are down.

I wipe a few stray tears from my eyes. I'm dating Johnny now and I like Johnny. And I also made Annie happy because now she can date Hayden. There. That's a lot of pros.

I smile and turn away from the window.

Hayden's Pov-

Scarlett looks at me, "Besides I like Johnny." She turns and starts to climb out the window. "You should date Annie instead. Let the rumors be true."

She climbs across the tree and into her room. She closes her window and shuts the blinds.

I take a deep breath and close my window and blinds. Just as I close the blinds everything snaps.

I yell, "WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME!" Thank god my parents aren't home.

I fling my phone onto my bed and take another deep breath.

"You should date Annie instead. Let the rumors be true." Those words ring inside my head. I pick up my phone and dial Annie's number.

"Hello?" She answers.

"Hey, Annie. I was wondering if you would be my girlfriend?" I ask.

"Yeah! I'd love to!" I can almost feel her smiling really wide where ever she is.

"Great. I'll see you tomorrow." We both hang up and I drop my phone onto my bed.

What did I just do? I'm dating Annie only to make Scarlett jealous. Oh no. Why did I do that? I think as I flop onto the bed. I'm gonna hurt one of my friends to get the girl I like.