What Just Happened?

Hello, friends!

As most of you (if not all) know, I have not posted anything concerning the Traveling Rifts Trilogy in a very long time. I would like you to know, though, that I just finished editing the first book and am moving on to the second. 

So what's new?

Excellent question. Thank you for asking. 

Not much has changed. Unlike the G.U.A.R.D. series, I started this one when I was a little older, so I am still fairly happy with things that I have done with it. Among other things, though, I changed these:

1) Aris no longer goes car-washing with Nikki. Why? Well... I never really liked these chapters. Don't worry, Nikki is still in the book; I just changed they're interaction from car-washing to getting coffee. And Nikki's problem is no longer her older brother beating her (which was just really random), but a close friend moving away. I honestly adore the new version of her. And her new chapter. Hint hint...

2) Raven doesn't visit Aris when she's in a towel fresh from a shower. I... *sighs* I cannot say how cliche this scene was. And, I get it, Raven was trying to get under her skin and all that jazz, but let's be real; that scene... was just so cliche. He still visits her, but this time, she's fully dressed (and still adorably flustered at his presence in her bedroom).

3) One of my readers (@awesomerocky) pointed out something to me quite a while ago (and yes, awesomerocky, I saw your comment even though I may not have answered). When Aris and Faril find Taleryn in his cell, he says he can't say Sajen's name. So... why doesn't he just spell it?

I can't believe I never saw it before. It seems so obvious. Anyways, I fixed it. Sajen programmed the chip to alert him if Taleryn or Hacker spells out his name (and they can't write it because they don't have the tools). 

So what does this mean concerning your writing?

Like the G.U.A.R.D. series (I know; I'm shamelessly plugging), I cannot make any promises. I will continue to edit, and I hope I'll continue with the third book. 

----

You guys are so awesome. So many of you have stuck by this series for so long; it amazes me. So have a big virtual thank-you high five from me. If you have any questions, comments, theories, or suggestions for upcoming chapter, please let me know. I love hearing from you guys (yes, even if it's just you asking for an update).

Have a blessed day.

~RobynAster