Jaime Lannister X Stark!Reader - Angel Down

Start from the beginning

Jaime was supposed to be meeting you when you had begun wandering to see if he was elsewhere, he was already an hour late to meeting you at your chambers and you were getting restless just sitting alone with nothing to do. It was safe to say that you were angry; you had been lectured for an age because of his inability to be anywhere on time.

As you rounded the corner onto the hallway that held your chambers Jaime came into view, he was slumped against the wall, staring at your door as if it could magically open and reveal you at any moment. "Jaime? what are you doing up here?" you questioned, you hurried over to him, gripping his arm in your hand and drawing his eyes down to you. For a moment a smile danced onto his lips before it drifted away again and turned into a solemn stare.

"I have to talk to you, can we go inside?" he asked, gesturing at the door across from you both. You nodded, releasing his arm and entering your chambers, moving to sit at the large wooden table that sat in the centre, surrounded by dark wooden chairs. You often had your cousins come and visit you in your chambers and had requested the table, but since being in King's Landing they hadn't exactly seen eye to eye and had left you spending most of your time sitting at it alone.

"What is it you needed to speak with me about?" you asked, patting the seat beside you. Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion as you watched him move away to the seat opposite you, rather than sitting in the one you had indicated.

"We can't see each other anymore, Y/N," he muttered, never raising his eyes from the table to look at you and causing your jaw to go slack as you tried to think of what to say to his revelation.

"Fuck you," you finally spluttered out, your mouth still hanging open as you stared at him, urging his eyes to look into yours, hoping he would change his mind. "You told me you loved me," you whimpered, the tears breaking free and falling onto the soft wooden surface of the table. "We made love, I let you take my maidenhead and you can't even tell me what the fuck I've done to make you want to leave?" you spat, your voice rising as you got to your feet and rounded the table to give him a shove, sending him sprawling from the chair and onto the stone floor, his armour clanging against it.

"Y/N, calm down, people will hear you," he finally spoke again, causing you to scoff as you glared down at him, grabbing a china tea cup from the table and launching it at the floor next to him as hard as you could.

"I don't give a shit if people hear me," you hissed at him, reaching for another as he scrambled to his knees and grabbed your hand to stop it from going anywhere. "Get off of me," you growled at him, yanking your wrist from his grip and stumbling back a few steps, colliding with the cabinet behind you and causing it to rattle. "You don't get to touch me; not now," you added, your voice becoming no louder than a whisper, tears still streaming down your cheeks as you crumbled to the floor, tucking your legs up underneath yourself.

"I'm sorry," he murmured, watching as you turned your head away from him. It was clear to see that you were done with him now, that you wanted to hear no apologies, no declarations of past love that had drifted away, you just wanted him to be gone. With that he got to his feet and moved towards the door, giving you one last look before he exited your chambers.

It felt like you spent an age on the floor, crying out every last tear you had left in you, but it couldn't have been long before you heard the knocking on your door and the little voice that came through it. "Y/N are you alright, I thought I heard shouting." Sansa; your sweet innocent Sansa had come to help you.

"I'm fine," you yelped back, not as convincing as you would have hoped as within seconds Sansa had pushed open the door and was standing over you, watching your shaking form where it lay on the cold ground.

"Seven Hells; what happened in here?" she asked, dropping to her knees in front of you as she glanced around the room at the turned over chair and shattered chinaware.

"Nothing," you murmured softly, trying to push up off of the floor and shakily walking over to the chair, standing it back upright, "Nothing happened," you continued, your shaking hands running over the wood of the table.

"I wont leave you alone until you tell me," Sansa persisted, sitting in the chair you had previously occupied and picking at some of the fruit that sat on the table.

"If I tell you, you must promise me that you wont tell your Father," you murmured softly, only to continue with your story after she nodded her quick agreement.

You weren't long done with your story when a knock came on your chamber door, drawing both of you back to normality. You were quick to get to your feet and make your way over, pulling the door open to find Septa Mordane standing before you. "Children, I'm afraid I have some bad news for you," she muttered, pushing past you and pausing momentarily as she saw the shattered cup on the floor. "Lord Eddard has been injured," she began, causing the two of you to let out light gasps of disbelief. "And Jory Cassel lost his life at the hands of Jaime Lannister," she continued, your heart shattered at the news, but you were all cried out.

You were on your feet in seconds, storming from your chambers and towards the Great Hall, where you knew Jaime would be; he ate there every evening. Once you had pushed through the door you stopped in front of him, his shoulders were hunched over as he ate. "How could you?" you hissed, drawing his eyes up to you, eyes which suddenly flew wide open.

"Not here Y/N," he warned, getting to his feet and grabbing you by the elbow to try and lead you out of the room.

"Get your hands off of me, you murderer," you cried out, yanking away from him, aware of every set of eyes in the room now watching you as you stared at only him. "You finished things with me so you wouldn't feel guilty about what you did to Jory? What you did to my Uncle?" you growled, as quiet as you could, these people didn't need to hear everything you had to say. Jaime lowered his head, his eyes drifting closed as you watched him. "You're a monster and I wish I'd never met you," you hissed at him. You could see Sansa and Septa Mordane standing in the doorway watching you.

"They took my brother, I was protecting him," he hummed back as quietly as you could.

"So you killed one of the men I grew up with, and maimed the only Father-figure I have ever known? There are other ways of getting your justice, King Slayer," you spat at him, turning on your heel and pushing past Sansa to exit the room. You had never called him that before, had promised him that you never would, you understood then that he had to do what he had done, but now there was no forgiveness left in you. You would never see Jaime Lannister the same way you had before that day.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x