Chapter 18: Losing Heart

Start from the beginning

[Grimm] "It. Will. Hit. The. Leader."

Zaf spits up blood as his aura fades to nothingness. With the last of his strength and a smile on his face, Zaf reaches up and weakly grabs ahold of the Grimm's neck with one hand, as if in a last attempt to strangle the creature. It doesn't take long before his eyes lose all signs of life, completely devoid of light and dies with a psychotic grin on his face.

[Rouge] "ZAAAAFFFF!! I'll kill you!"

In a fit of rage, Rouge flails her whip in the Grimms direction, to which the Grimm easily catches. Pulling the whip out of the girls hand, she is shown an image of her future. Three seconds. That's how far her sight can take her and no matter how she changes her thoughts, her movements, she can only see death, unless...

[Rouge] "Gwenn! I-I know where your brother is!"

Gwenn's eye twitches with this new information, causing her to push herself to stand in front of the Grimm.

[Gwenn] "Please. I know I'm probably being played...but still. My brother is the only family I have left at this point. Please don't take away my only chance of finding him."

Apparently understanding the girls speech, the Grimm moves on to its next target and, as Rouge sighs in relief, the air is filled with a thick miasma of death. A killing intent so thick that it's visible around the Grimm. It's eyes staring at the snake boy, as if contemplating all the possible ways to rip him apart. For the people in the colosseum, it feels like the ground and air are shaking. For Ser though, it feels like the air itself is trying to choke him; his vision blurring and his legs shaking, he falls to his knees in utter horror as the Grimm, thanks to hallucinations brought on by fear, looking larger and more frightening than ever, walks over to the cowering boy. Taking hold of his head with its white and red claw, it speaks once more.

[Grimm] "You. Made. Her. Suffer."
[Ser] "I-I-I-I'm ssssssorry!"

The Grimm tightens its grip on the boys face before slamming it down on the metal ground ground, caving in the ground and killing the boy immediately.

[Gwenn] "Th-that's insane...that thing...just what kind of destruction could it create if it went completely wild..."

The Grimm turns suddenly to face Sol.

[Grimm] "Yang. Trouble."
[Sol] "what!? Where!?"

The Grimm points its humanoid hand towards the school and utters a single word.

[Grimm] "Go."
[Sol] "thank you."

Sol runs through the tunnel, only to reach a dead end as the exit has been sealed off by metal doors.

[Sol] "if you think this is gonna keep me from Yang then you're dead wrong!"

Sol pulls out a vial of fire dust and I starts it into his weapon, having transformed it into its railgun gun form, he fires it off. The explosion tears the doors off their hinges, sending them flying off the colosseum and down to ground below. Seeing Ruby fighting disarmed atop one of the atlesian ships against Roman Torchwick, Sol leaps over to help her out.

[Sol] "hey."
[Ruby] "Sol?!"
[Roman] "Another one!? Why do children seem to fall from the sky nowadays?"
[Sol] "yeah, sorry about that but I need you to leave now so I can take this ship."
[Roman] "hmph, I don't think you quite understand the situation you've just hopped into. You, and the rest of you pitiful, hero worshipping, daydreaming idiots are all going to die today! Because you can't comprehend what the real world is truly like! Only the thieves, the sneaks, the con artists, only people like me truly understand this wor-"