Chapter 1: New Beginning

Ruby stands before her mothers grave with a forlorn look across the small girls face as the wind blows her hair gently in the breeze, revealing her pale skin and sad silver eyes.

[Ruby] "hey mom... sorry I haven't come by in a while. Things have been... well, things have been pretty busy. Oh, Dad's here, too! He's, uh, y'know... Dad. He's still teaching at Signal. But he told me that he's going to be on some mission soon. I think he misses you. I miss you too... Haven't gotten kicked out of Beacon yet! So that's cool. I think being on a team with Yang helps. Keep her in line... that was a joke. She's actually a really great fighter! You can tell she's learned a lot from dad! Oh, so are Weiss and Blake. Oh, They're my teammates! Along with, well... it's complicated. I met a guy! He's my age and he goes to Beacon too! But, he... hasn't really been around lately. Not like he just ran off or anything! I-.. I understand why I can't see him, it's just... I miss him... A-anyways, I made a bunch of new friends, and then I met some... let's just say, uh, odd teachers. Oh! We've all stopped some bad guys too! I guess it's like they say: "like mother, like daughter"! I still wonder why Ozpin let me into the school early but uh, I guess he'll tell me one day. You know how he is. It's funny, the more I get to know him, the more he starts to sound like uncle Qrow."

The sound of Zwei barking alerts Ruby to the present of the adorable pup and her father TaiYang.

[Ruby] "Oh! Looks like Dads back! I gotta go! He's dropping me off at Beacon for the tournament match before his next mission. Wish me luck!"

Ruby puts her hood up before she begins walking away, but turns to face her mothers grave one more time.

[Ruby] "it was good to talk."

-

[Ozpin] "so, you know what you'll be doing?"
[Sol] "yeah. I'm not to participate under any circumstances because it would be unfair to the other contestants, you've placed me in a similar position to a guard in that I'm to look out for anything suspicious."
[Ozpin] "And?"
[Sol] "*Sigh* and intervene only when necessary. If it is something that can be dealt with without attracting the attention of the masses then I should come and alert you ASAP."
[Ozpin] "indeed."
[Sol] "so I can go now?"
[Ozpin] "where to?"
[Sol] "just down to Hunters heaven to see if my weapon's ready yet."
[Ozpin] "very well, but remember that a teacher must be with you when you leave school grounds."
[Sol] "*sigh* alright, I'll go see what professor port's up to."

Leaving via the elevator, the white haired principal took a final glance at the white haired youth. A solemn and unnerved look appearing on the face of the man that seems to usually have everything under control.

-

[???] "so four of the most highly trained huntsmen in-training, were defeated outright, by a boy two years younger than them, and ran away with their tails between their legs. Did I miss anything?"
[Zaf] "teacher I-"
[Teacher] "what!?"
[Zaf] "we-we didn't know that that... thing would be so strong! He put Rouge in the infirmary with a look!"
[Teacher] "*sigh*"

The cream haired woman whom Zaf called teacher sighed, her brown trench coat creasing as she placed her hand on her forehead.

[Teacher] "anyone with a bit of fighting experience can do that."
[Zaf] "huh?"
[Teacher] "it's something that would only work on either those with precognitive abilities or someone with extremely honed battle sense so I can't exactly show you."
[Zaf] "wh-what?"
[Teacher] "all you need to know is that guy's not some incredible monster. He's human. Killable."
[???] "you sure about that Créme?"
[Créme] "Jorden? what are you talking about?"
[Jorden] "here."