Chapter 5: Study and Sleep

[Weiss] "Why is he in here!?"

The ice queen shouted at Yang who groggily waved off her loud teammate while a heavily bandaged Sol continues to lay sleeping on the blondes bed.

[Weiss] "and why are you so exhausted?! You should be resting for the festival!"
[Blake] "go easy on her Weiss."
[Weiss] "what?"

Weiss turned to face her other teammate who seemed to be ganging up on her.

[Weiss] "what is going on here?"

Yang and Blake shared a look before sighing.

[Blake] "Sol and I went to see a pair of Faunus orphans. They got kidnapped and we went after them."
[Yang] "Blake sent out an emergency call so I ran down there and helped Sol beat up a robot ninja girl who turned out to be just a normal, non robot, ninja girl."

Satisfied with their explanations, the two went back to what they were previously doing, leaving a confused Weiss attempting to understand.

[Weiss] "so... how'd he end up in Yangs bed? And why is he in his underwear?"
[Blake] "actually, I'd like to know that too."
[Yang] "ehe... funny story..."

- during the fight at the docks.

[Mirror] "You're sure~ you don't know that guy?"

Nul nodded affirmatively while team DMNG sit at the library table, fervently assessing their options for the upcoming vytal festival.

[Gwenn] "jeez Mirror, just how many times are you going to ask him that?"
[Mirror] "it's just, their armour is so similar so I thought..."
[Dan] "maybe the armour was made by the same person. Now, let's get back to planning."
[Gwenn] "Nh, I agree."
[Mirror] "but-"
[???] "so that's team DMNG..."

Their thoughts are interrupted by a white haired girl spying on them from another table, giving off the air of a spoiled princess.

[Mirror] "look! We have a fan!"
[Gwenn] "you dope. That's Weiss Schnee."
[Mirror] "who're you calling a dope?!"
[Gwenn] "you! Dope!"

While the two polar opposites fought verbally like grade school children, Dan motions for their spy to join them.

[Dan] "Why don't you come and join us if you're so interested?"
[Weiss] "W-well, if you insist."

Weiss pridefully saunters over to their table, taking the seat at the end of the table, with Dan and Mirror on one side and Gwenn and Nul on the other.

[Gwenn] "I've got my eyes on you."
[Weiss] "likewise."
[Dan] "now now ladies, simmer down."
[Gwenn] "Okay Dan."

Gwenn immediately calms down at the behest of her team leader.

[Mirror] "so princess. What were ya' expecting to find out from us in a library?"
[Weiss] "I don't have to tell you that."
[Mirror] "eh? Can she do that?"

Mirror asked the rest of his team who either nodded, shrugged or scoffed to answer.

[Gwenn] "So, Miss Schnee. How is the rest of team Rwby?"
[Weiss] "how did you-?"
[Gwenn] "I tend to keep my eye on people like you."
[Weiss] "why thank you."
[Gwenn] "it wasn't a compliment."
[Weiss] "why you-!"
[Dan] "Aha, calm down girls. Truthfully I'm also curious to know how Ryu's doing. He's a part of team Rwby isn't he?"
[Weiss] "eh? You know Ryu?"
[Gwenn] "we met him when we first got to Vale."
[Mirror] "I was called to try and help him after he got stabbed. That... didn't work out well."
[Dan] "last time we saw him, he had white hair and he was in the middle of fighting some guy in black armour."

Weiss' ears perked up at the mention of the white haired Ryu.

[Dan] "He told us to go help the kids in the orphanage and led the armoured guy away."
[Weiss] "he- he did, did he?"
[Gwenn] "perhaps you should pay more attention to your own team first before spying on others."
[Weiss] "that-! It's not like that?!"
[Mirror] "hm? What do you mean?"
[Weiss] "that.. that's Sol. Ryu's brother."

The sound of Mirror falling backwards out of his chair reverberates throughout the library, his face breaking out in a cold, fearful sweat.

[Mirror] "n-n-n-no"
[Dan] "what's going on? Are you okay?"
[Mirror] "y-y-you're saying Tha-that that monster is on the outside now?!"
[Weiss] "huh? How do you-"
[Gwenn] "what are you talking about, weirdo?"
[Mirror] "Sol... that's the name of the thing inside Ryu. The thing that talked to me before I went crazy."
[Weiss] "what?"
[Mirror] "if that thing, is loose..."
[Gwenn] "you do realise, even if that's true, he worked to save those orphans right? And he fought off that armoured guy."
[Mirror] "no. Dan."
[Dan] "yeah lil' bro?"
[Mirror] "I don't think we should have anything to do with that guy or his team anymore."
[Dan] "what if we meet them in the festival?"
[Mirror] "ah..."
[Weiss] "you-you don't have to worry about that. He's not competing."
[DMG] "huh?"
[Weiss] "Ozpin said he'd come up with something else for him to do."
[Mirror] "oh... that's good."

- present

In an undisclosed location, a cream haired woman and a cobalt haired boy are watching as the girl called Aqua is being administered medical treatment by men and machine alike.

[Zaf] "how- how is this possible?"
[Crème] "your cousin fought and almost defeated that boy."
[Zaf] "seriously?! Aqua..."
[Crème] "now then. You've seen the footage from both fights, what do you think?"
[Zaf] "I... are you sure we can't get Zero's help?"

Zaf received a hard slap to the back of the head.

[Zaf] "ow!"
[Crème] "you can beat him. Because I'm going to train you and your team harder than ever."
[Zaf] "that...yes, teacher."

-

[Weiss] "you slept with him?!!!"
[Yang] "you make it sound so dirty. We just shared a bed."

Weiss is on the verge of blowing a gasket when she hears that Yang slept in the same bed as Sol the night before.

[Weiss] "You deviant!"
[Blake] "Yang."
[Yang] "he needed a comfy place to sleep and I was tired."
[Blake] "I can't believe you-"
[Weiss] "So you used him as a body pillow?!"
[Yang] "correction. We used each other, as body pillows."

Blake's face flushes red for alternate reasons to Weiss as she angrily refutes.

[Weiss] "That's no better! Deviant!"

The sound of rushing footsteps filled the hall as the entirety of team Jnpr suddenly burst through the door.

[Jaune] "what are you guys arguing about?"
[Nora] "did Yang bring a man home?!"
[Blake] "I-in a way..."
[Jaune] "wait, seriously?"

Weiss points them towards the bed currently occupied by a half naked Sol, resulting in various expressions from Jnpr.

[Pyrrha] "is that-"
[Ren] "that's Sol, right?"
[Weiss] "Right! And sheeee slept with him!"
[Jaune] "h-huh? S-slept?!"
[Yang] "god Weiss. Stop making it sound so dirty!"
[Weiss] "it only sounds dirty because it is!"
[Ruby] "hey, what's going on you guys?"

The entire room fills with silence as they all turn to face the short, red hooded girl holding a small dog in her arms, both tilting their heads to the side in curiosity while the others all stare at her with anxious expressions.