Page|24: "Choose me, Amy. We're friends."

"Are you fucking kidding me? Someone's not supposed to see this? It will ruin us!" You're stupid, Sheila." I think I knew that voice. I made my way to the second to the last aisle, pretending to be looking for something which doesn't exist as I eavesdropped on Kelly.

What could they'd been hiding? Was it okay if I listen? Of course no one would knew I'd been here. "Sorry? I really am. So, what do you think? Are we going to this guy's party on friday? We should still make an appearance, right?" Sheila asked her, and it took her minutes before answering.

"I guess so...but you know it's against what I want. I just really want this year over, to show my dad that I'm not the brainless daughter he thought I've been. I want him to believe me." She sobbed. What was happening? She's really not the Kelly I thought she was before. She sounded different, sincere, and hurt. I wanted to confront them, tell them I was here but the other part told me to stop what I was thinking because it's ridiculous and my bestfriends would be mad at me if I'd do that.

I stepped back, walking as fast as I could away from there. Whatever they're talking about, I shouldn't care. Returning to my seat, only a couple of students who's focused on drowning their eyes with pages of their books. I took the seat where I sat before, luckily, no one's took a seat at it. It's only me, meaning I would be concentrated on my book the whole lunch time.

Ten minutes passed and I continued doing calculus. I continued scribbling on my note, the black ink goes well then it stopped producing it's ink. My hand stopped, okay maybe I still got one on my bag. So I started digging through every zipper. I failed though. How was I suppose to continue if I don't have a pen. Maybe I should start asking these people, hoping one of them will lend me.

I zipped my bag, ready to take off when a hand appeared on my left holding a black pen. I leaned back looking to who was holding it---Jake. He smiled at me, flashing his white set of teeth. I was about to snatch it from him when another pen appeared on my left. This time, it was Brandon. Surprised, but I didn't let it show. What would I do with these two? Brandon smiled at me sheepishly. His blue eyes timid. My eyes traveled from his face, to his biceps, to his hand with the pen.

I leaned back, crossing both my arms on my chest. What were they thinking? I should just leave. Didn't they were punching each other last time. Oh, Brandon was punching Jake, and now they're here-together.

"Come on, Amy. Take this." Jake said, offering his pen.

"No, you take my pen. Here." Brandon shoving his pen on my hand.

"Take mine, Amy." Jake spat while looking at Brandon.

"Mine's ink is better." He said throwing a disgusted look at Jake.

"Seriously?" I said and both of them looked at me at the same time. "What are you guys up to?"

"I just saw you, and you need a pen. I just wanna help." Brandon muttered, looking at the ground.

"I saw you too, and I offered my pen to you first, so here take it." Jake offered his pen, digging it slightly on my arms. "Come on, Amy."

"Choose me, Amy. We're friends." Brandon scowled at Jake, but he just scoffed back at him to which made Brandon glare at him more. I gave up. These to should work their friendship back on track.

"Stop it guys. Stop it." I said, making the both of them stare at me with soft features on their faces.

"So, which one do you want?" Jake asked again and my ears burned. I stood up, faced him before I answered:

"No, thanks but I'm not going to accept neither yours," I pinched his tummy but it's so hard. Then, I turned to Brandon. He covered his tummy but I had other ideas. "Nor his." I pinched his chest, though it's made of hard muscles too.

What is it with guys and muscles? I shove them and made my way out the library before the librarian kicked me out, hoping to have a peaceful time without the both of them annoying me.

_