Chapter 67- Doubt In Others

Start from the beginning

Out of the tornado stepped out two girls, both resembling. Though Professor stiffened, it took Cody a moment to fully realize who they were. His mother and sister stood there, but their bodies were giving off a glow, similar to the Nexus and they didn't blink.

Cody figured out where he should go from there. "Miss Pikalus and Nadine, both Atlantean, are they not? And you care about them, right?"

Professor Pikalus took in a shaky breath but tried to appear calm. "Of course." Pikalus whispered, unable to talk louder.

"You want to protect them, keep them safe. They're so dear to your heart, and if you ever lost them?" Cody prompted, giving Pikalus the opportunity to fill in the blank.

"...I'd break." He answered honestly.

Cody nodded slowly, the grip on his shoulder becoming tight but neither took much notice. "Wouldn't we all? And do I have to remind you of KrakenKid's extreme hatred for Atlantis? It knows no bounds."

Cody leaned more into his ear, speaking softly. "He's willing to do anything to get to us." Cody told him. His voice now sounded more like it was coming from inside of the mad scientist's head rather than being said out loud. "He's willing to use people for his own gain, and kill anyone who gets in his way." The hand not gripping Professor's shoulder curled into a tight fist and the two illusions made out of Nexus energy were shot, now earning bullet wounds in their chest.

Professor tried to move forward, to reach out to them and help them any way he could, but Cody wouldn't let him. Instead, his mother and Nadine both earned a dark spot where their heart would be and collapsed on the ground, soon shattering and turning to nothingness.

Professor stared in horror as Cody spoke, now letting go and letting the swirling energy settle. "They'll both die one way or another if we let KrakenKid strike first. I know your sister isn't in Atlantis, but KrakenKid will find her, and he will kill her when he does. Do you want that to happen?"

"No!" Professor exclaimed quickly, his heart pumping out of his chest. "Never! They're all I have left!"

Cody nodded and held out his hand. "Then let's put an end to it." Professor hesitated. "Or," Cody's eyes narrowed. "You can fail them, it's all up to you."

Now trembling under the weight of his own decisions, Pikalus' hand extended and shook Cody's, who put on a smile that send chills down his spine. "That's what I thought. Good choice, Professor."

Cody lead him back to the counselling room and immediately called for another vote. To everyone's surprise, except Rasmus and Cody, Professor raised his hand, sealing the final vote.

"Well then, Atlanteans," Cody started, leaning over the table. "We are at war."

Cody took a small break to plan out how they would go about this, and in that free time, the girls pleaded and screamed at Professor to tell them what Cody said to him. What he could have possibly done to convince him to vote for war, especially after they all agreed Cody was crazy.

Professor didn't say a word the whole time, not even looking at them. He did, however, catch Rasmus' eyes. They were understanding, and most of all, empathetic. He nodded slightly before shifting his eyes away.

Cody finally came back and started talking about plans to bring the Tide Changers down.

Cody wanted to attack without warning. He wanted to gather many moderate sized groups of soldiers and place them all over Sector Four, not telling even them what they were doing. Slowly, but surely, they would all march into the tunnels and give KrakenKid no time to prepare for them, nor any spies any time to report to him.