Stronger Than You Think

ابدأ من البداية

I've always trusted Liam though, even if he might be a bit biased. He has a reason to be.

Brett has helped me so much these past few weeks though. He even helped me find Liam, and when I started to cry during that time. He's never made fun of me for it too.

I still have the sweatshirt he gave me. It's in my room, and luckily Liam hasn't found it yet. I still don't understand why I still have it though.

"Hey, are you okay?" Brett asks me, snapping me out of my thoughts. His shirt and jacket are back on and he's leaning against the metal table, looking at me with concern.

"What," I say, blinking at him. "Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking about the dead pool and stuff like that."

I hear a knock at the door of the clinic. We all whip our heads toward the sound.

"It's Satomi and some of my pack," Brett says.

"How-" I start

"I can smell them," he replies. "I know it's them."

Kira comes in with a few people behind her. "Brett, Lori," an elderly Asian woman exclaims reaching out to them as she steps forward. Lori runs into her arms as Brett grasps her hand in his. "Thank goodness you're alright."

"Satomi," Brett breathes. "I'm glad you're okay too. Where's-"

"They're dead," she tells him. His face crumbles as it is consumed with shock and then grief. "Hunters."

"James," Brett whispers. "Will."

"I'm sorry," she tells him, a look of grief in her eyes as well.

"I called Scott," Kira tells me in a hushed voice as to not disturb the mourning werewolves. "He'll be here soon."

I nod, glancing over at Brett whose holding Lori in his arms as she cries. My stomach clenches as I'm filled with distraught and rage. Innocent people are dying. We need to end this so the suffering stops. It's only a matter of time before my friends are the ones mourning; or dead.

***

It is about ten minutes later until Scott shows up. He talks to Kira and Satomi and then tells us his plan of making a last stand in Argent's warehouse.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" I ask him as he drives Kira and I to the warehouse. "I mean, the last time you were there, Kate was there with the beserkers."

"We'll be fine," he tells me. "She left. Argent told me."

"Speaking of Argent," Kira adds. "Is he okay with this?"

"He doesn't really know," Scott confesses.

"Shouldn't we call him?" I ask. "He could help us."

"He's already helped us enough," he replies, pulling into the parking lot. "I don't want to ask him for anymore favors."

Scott leads all of Satomi's pack into the back of the warehouse to hide when we all hear the noise of a car pulling in the parking lot.

"Stay here and keep quiet," Scott say as we here someone moving around only a few yards away.

"I smell wolfsbane on him," Brett mumbles with a soft growl. "And it's one guy. We can take him." Before anyone can react Brett rushes over and out of sight.

Scott quickly rushes after him. "Brett, no!" He exclaims. "He's with us."

I furrow my eyes in confusion. Is Stiles here?

I walk over and peak behind one of the curtains to see Scott talking to Mr. Argent.

"We need to secure the parameter," Argent tells Scott. "Just incase they do attack."

"Shouldn't Lily leave?" Brett pipes up. "I mean, she's human so she's not a target, and it would be extremely dangerous if she stayed."

That's right. He doesn't know what I am.

I shoot a glance at Scott. "I am a target," I tell Brett, taking him aback.

"What do you mean," he asks.

"She's supernatural, Brett," Scott says. "So she's on the dead pool, and just as in danger as the rest of us.

"Wha- well then what are you?" Brett sputters to me.

I snap my fingers in front of me making a small flame appear. "A Phoenix," I say. His eyes widen and he jumps back in surprise. Why am I so dramatic?

"Phoenix?" He says perplexed as Scott, Argent, and Kira start talking amongst themselves about a defense plan.

"Yeah, you know like Fawkes from Harry Potter?" I say jokingly. "Yeah I'm actually part bird so I guess you could call me Maximum Ride." I chuckle.

"How?" He asks. "I mean, I thought you were human."

"I thought so too," I say. "Well, I was, but Deaton says my powers awakened after I healed Liam."

"Healed Liam??" Brett. "What do you even mean?"

"I healed him. Phoenix tears have healing powers," I state. "Have you even read Chamber of Secrets? Dumbledore explains everything."

Brett looks completely flabbergasted as he stares at me. "Tears?"

"Yeah, tears," I say. "You know the water that comes out of your eyes when you cry." I voice is dripping with sarcasm as I walk over to Scott, Kira, and Argent.

It's actually really funny to see Brett all surprised.