Stiff Reunions

"I heard about who we are playing today," Mason tells me as we walk to our lockers from our last class of the day.

"Yeah, Devonford Prep unfortunately," I mumble. "Liam's been stressing about this for the past few days.

"Speaking of your insane twin brother, where is he, Lily?"

"I don't know," I mumble. "Probably getting himself into trouble again."

Even though Liam is technically the older twin I always feel like I'm the more mature one watching over him and keeping him out of trouble. Unfortunately, I wasn't doing my job well enough and got him kicked out of Devonford, subsequently making me transfer to Beacon Hills so he and I can stay together. My parents and Liam both hated that I dropped out of Devonford, but I knew that I needed to watch over my brother.

Plus I hated pretty much every single one of those snobby rich kids who thought they were all that, and couldn't stand to deal with them without my brother. As you could tell I had no friends there. People would call me names like "nerd," "loser," and "weeb" since all I cared about was keeping my grades up, the novels I had my nose constantly buried in, the good pop punk music playing though my headphones to block out all of the imbeciles, all of my drawings of people and cartoons, the drama club, and the animes that I always watched in my free time.

I am actually kind of glad to get away from Devonford Prep because of that. Not to mention I hated wearing the uniform. Don't get me wrong the uniform could have been way worse. At least they were burgundy and gray instead of something like orange. I just wanted to wear jeans and a t-shirt for a change instead of a skirt and blouse. For some reason guys have a thing for girls in school uniforms, but it just got annoying wearing the same thing everyday after a while.

I was definitely not your average prep school student and I was made fun of for it. I didn't care though. They could laugh all they wanted but I knew I wanted to be a nurse and help people.

Liam was different. While I was cool and collected when people bothered me, he couldn't help but get riled up, and that's what got him kicked out of school.

Now it's even worse with this whole werewolf fiasco that I can still barely wrap my head around. Scientifically it's not possible to change like that. Cells can't just change from being bitten. You can't just be able to grow fangs and claws and have them sink back into your body like Wolverine, but I've seen it happen and it's completely changed my perspective on life. Who knows what else is real... vampires, demigods... Hogwarts?

Are all the stories true like what Jace told Clary in The Mortal Instruments?

I haven't really been able to sleep at night. I've been thinking too much. Staying up late researching all I can about werewolves and lycanthropy. I feel like I've fallen into a fantasy world and everything is new and different.

"Hey, Lils, you okay?" Mason asks me waving his hand in front of my face.

I snap out of my thoughts. "What?" I blink.

"I just said Liam's right there," he says pointing down the hallway. I look over to see my brother walking towards us in the hallway. He flashes us a strained smile as he falls in step with us on our journey to the freshman wing where all our lockers are.

"Hey guys, are you gonna be at the game tonight?" Liam asks us.

"What kind of moronic question is that?" I ask him. "I'm your sister, of course I'll be at the game, and Mason is your best friend so he wouldn't miss it either."

Mason has been me and Liam's friend since we were little kids. We went to the same elementary school and middle school together, but he went to Beacon Hills while Liam and I went to Devonford Prep.