{One}

"Seems like street lights glowing, happen to be just like moments, passing, infront of me. So, I hopped in the cabin- all the street lights."

{The Forgotten Girl}

The cool breeze, that awakes every once in a while, whips the shivering woman's loose, bronze curls ever so lightly from it's snug place behind her matching toned ear and every time she brings her smooth fingers up to tuck it right back into it's previous place.

This reoccurring pattern continues for what seems like forever, before the seemingly young woman combs her finger tips through the damp grass, finding a firm enough spot to lean her weight on, pushing up from her seat on the high hill. She huffs at the dull pain that racks her body, her breath forming a light fog as it meets the chilly air that comes every time this year, but she wouldn't know that. She can't remember anything.

She dusts her hands gently across the back of the tight jean shorts that push almost painfully around the top of her thighs. Her hands catch at the many buttons that litter the small clothing she wears and she snatches them to her front. She nibbles on her bottom lip, feeling the burning sensation sear across her hands reminding her of the unbearable pain that shook her body when she first awoke on this damp hill. Tears gather at the corner of eyes as she rakes the darkness laid out in front of her. She doesn't know where she is; she doesn't know why she's where she is; hell, she doesn't even know her own name.

Her body shivers as another gust of wind smacks her in the face invading her current inhalement of air, making her choke lightly at the intrusion. The less than pleasent noise travels around the open area and she perks up at the sound she made mixing with the sound of some type of vehicle driving close by. She follows the hopeful racket dragging her bare feet through the short grass, feeling her toes collect some it as she speed walks.

Her path continues until a sharp object prods uncomfortably at her soft legs and she stops at a halt. Dark hands naturally spread out in front of her reaching for something, but when they feel nothing they fall down lower grasping at what feels like a metallic gate.

"W-what," she questions, stumbling over the simple word just like a baby would. Her voice sounds foreign to her own ears, but she doesn't dwell on it. The noise is getting louder which means whatever it is, is coming closer. Without hesitation, her smooth hands wrap around the blockade that stopped her walking and she swings her legs over it. She freezes as she feels that no longer is the ground she stood upon soft and mushy, it's hard, grainy, and cold. She wiggles her toes feeling the hard surface brush roughly against her flesh, her eyes squinting at the texture.

A yellow blaring light appears, snatching her focus away and in reaction, she brings arms up to protect her weak eyes. The sudden change in brightness confuses the poor girl, so she doesn't register what the bright light is, until it seprates into two and the sound she was so hopeful for is accompanied by blaring honks and a loud voice screaming for her to move away.

The warning comes too late as the right side of the speeding vehicle nips at her ribs, bumping her painfully right back into the metal traffic barrier. The car skids around the hit woman's now stilled body, it's tires screeching in an abrupt stop. The occupants, two long haired females, fearfully climb out of the car clearly shaken by what just transpired.

"Dinah, what the fuck! You hit her," one of the girl screams at the other. Her pale hands comb nervously through her raven hair, bringing the hair that was in front of her face back over her head.

The tall recipient of the frustrated yelling slams the driver's door in frustration biting back at the accusing girl.

"How the fuck was I supposed to know there was gonna be some girl in the MIDDLE of the road, Lauren!"

The angered response seems to slay any previous retorts from the pale woman and she turns away in defeat. Lauren shakes her head, before taking off in a sprint in the direction where they hit the strange girl. She reaches the scene, her breath catching at the speckles of blood that litter the black street. Her eyes widen as she makes out the twisted body of a dark skinned female.

"Dinah," she calls, falling to her knees beside the lady. Her hands fly hesitant over her searching for any wounds that the blood could have came from. When she finds none, she gently grabs the woman's shoulder flipping her onto her back, gasping at the brown, tear filled eyes that stare back at her.

"H-help," she croaks.

"Dinah! She's still alive!," Lauren screams, looking around helplessly in a panic, "Get the fuck over here!"

The familiar sound of a car starting and drawing near breaks a hopeful sigh through Lauren's know chapped lips. She licks them again raking her eyes in worry over the injured brunettes-or maybe black haired, Lauren can't really tell at this time of night.

Lauren flinches as Dinah parks her jet black Dodge Challenger a little to close for comfort, it's broad sides almost brushing against her exposed ear.

"Come we gotta go! It took a while, but I got a hold of Bridges Hospital they know we're on our way," she calls as she hops out of the car, pulling her seat forward so that the back is exposed.

Lauren nods her head and bends down, scooting her free hands underneath her, planning on lifting the fading girl in one swift motion, but about half way a series of weak shouts of disapproval stop her. The sudden change in emotion and the way the girl twists as she talks makes her lose her balance, tipping forward. Firm hands and long fingers grab quickly onto the shoulders of Lauren's Nike Vixen Zip, saving her and the girl from a painful fall to the ground.

"Thanks," Lauren lets out in an exasperated whisper.

"Come on, I'll help you."

Dinah makes her way around Lauren gently easing the woman out of Lauren's hold. A pained whimper makes her slow her movements, carefully adjusting the woman so that arms are under her knees and her armpits.

"I've got you. It's gonna be okay," Dinah soothes, turning towards the car. Lauren follows behind stopping when she sees Dinah freeze.

"Dinah?"

"Hey Lauren," the green eyed female tilts her head as she notices the deep breathing of the Polynesian, "I-i think I just heard her ribs creak."

Lauren sucks in a deep breath. If the girl's ribs are broken there's no way in hell she's squeezing in the backseat, let along alone. Her shaky hands find their way in her dark hair before a light blinks off in her thoughts like a solar eclipse.

She darts off around the car opening up the passenger door, grabbing the handle on the side of the seat and leans it back.

"Dinah! Bring her over here!"

Surely, Dinah makes her way giving Lauren a look of confusion.

"Just wait," Lauren calls as she dips into the car, sitting down comfortably. When she looks up, Dinah still has the same blank look showing that she's still not understanding what the girl is doing.

Lauren reaches under seat pulling a lever sliding her whole seat back. She spreads her legs apart, before finally voicing her thoughts to her friend.

"Put her in between my thighs when I lie down. I'm gonna make sure she's secure during the ride. We can't really have her all bundled up in the back or leave her sitting up here with a seatbelt on. She might puncture her lungs."

A facial expression of approval covers Dinah's face and she bends down to place the girl on Lauren. Lauren sucks in a low breath as she feels the full weight of the girl.

At least, I know she's been eating good.

She wraps her arms snuggly around the whimpering girl, resting them on her stomach, before nodding to Dinah. The tall figure slams the door and rushes back to her side. She hops in, buckles her seat belt, and speeds away.

It doesn't seem long, before they reach their red and blue splattered destination, catching they eyes of many visitors.

"Hey! Hey! We need help!"

{There. I did it.}

<3