As I pinched my lower lip with my hand and I turned the page with the other, my head snapped to the door when it creaked open.

The lady came in, closing her navy blue umbrella and setting it aside near the doorframe after she closed the door behind her.

Officially, my attention had snapped to the blonde lady. I looked over to the tiny grand clock on the counter, seeing the time as 9:23. I was rather mystified by the sight as people don't come here often. Why would they need antique toys for?

"Hi, good morning," the blonde lady greeted with a bright smile on her face, another unoften sight as busy, rainy days are at most, the worst days for other people.

I couldn't tell how old she is and neither could I tell her purpose for being here so it resulted to the common thing to do when curious, ask.

"Can I help you?" I asked her straightforwardly, of course, trying not to sound rude. My social interaction had been very limited for months so I understand the kind of atmosphere I bring around.

Especially here, where the roots of my isolation had originated. For years, there'd been nothing surrounding me but toys, some rather odd, creepy, crooked, broken or simply damaged, they're all the company I keep and I can't complain.

The blonde lady darted her blue eyes all over the place, lips slightly parted and one of her hands is anxiously tugging at her leather sling on her shoulder. She's wearing a rather nice matte coat with black buttons.

She seemed slightly familiar, although I couldn't really recall where I saw her.

Although, as soon as I've realised how much time had gone by with her lack of answer, I cleared my throat to let her know I'm still there.

Her eyes fell to me, "Uh — wow."

I wasn't going to get a rational response yet, I know that. I sighed and removed my glasses. I settled both my book and my glasses on the counter and before rubbing my eyes.

She blinked a few times, seemingly now near towards exiting her daze. "Wow. This is amazing."

I wonder what she saw to made her react like that. I know these things could cause a fortune and that some of them were once owned by the most important people in history yet beyond that, there's nothing too fascinating about it.

"Oh." The lady looked at me. "This place is open, right?"

I nodded.

She sighed in relief then turned her back on me without saying a single word. In fact, for the next few minutes, all she did is look around, most of her time was preoccupied by those dolls from the nineties that had always had my hair rising yet I reckon she likes them.

"Are they for sale?" She asked me. I almost replied a little sarcastically yet I saw the seriousness in her eyes.

"Yes, ma'am," I replied and still kept my eyes on her. I had always assumed the worst out of people and not that I am suspecting that this girl could be dangerous, but it's easier to take precautions.

I noticed how the dolls had caught her attention too much, she'd been staring at them for the past six minutes, that is according to my watch.

"Is this place yours?" The lady asked without looking at me.

"Yes," I answered, looking back and forth between my book and her. I let her have her moment as I know this isn't much of a usual scene in the city.

"This is quite amazing. How long have this place been here?" She asked, sounding more curious than ever as she turned around to face me.

I stared at her first, trying to see past her sweet smile and bright eyes. Curious and enthusiastic: an unusual sight for a rainy autumn day. An honest thought that if I'd seen her coming here with the storm in her eyes and a frown upon her red lips, I would have believed it much easier, not this.