Resigning

A candle burned beside an empty bed. A brunette who was supposed to be asleep was sitting on a chair, with a letter in her hands. Another candle burned on the small, round table beside her. The room was silent except for the small ticking of the clock in her room.

Soon the clock chimed to indicate that it was 1 in the morning and at that exact moment, a small knock could be heard. Giving a small sigh, the brunette placed her letter onto the table, making sure it wasn't anyway near the burning candle. She made her way to the door and hesitated for a few second before opening the door.

A handsome raven-haired man was revealed to be at the opposite of the door. Without any words, the man glanced around before making his way into the room quickly. The brunette shutted the door and faced the man. "I thought I'd told you to stop coming here, Levi. What if you were caught?"

Giving a smirk, the raven-haired man replied. "They wouldn't catch me. And besides, I have to meet you."

Reaching his hand towards the brunette, he gently stroked her cheek. The brunette was about to melt into the touch before she caught herself.

"Levi, we have to stop with this late night meeting." She scolded. "Why should we? You have no idea how hard was it not to be able to touch you even when we were together in the day."

Hitting his hand away from her cheek, she turned away from him. "Levi, you are engaged to my sister. We can't do this, this is wrong. If anyone found out... I'm not going to hurt her or get you into trouble."

Levi wrapped his arms around the brunette's waist before muttering into her nape. "Let's run away then. Let's run away to somewhere they can't get us. I have enough money for the both of us to get a place somewhere new and start a new life. Once we are settled, I can find a job and take care of you till we grow old."

The brunette stayed silent for a few moments, she finally answered a soft 'alright'. Smiling into her nape, Levi released her from his hug. "Wait here, alright? I will go get the money in my room, I will be back soon."

He gave a tender kiss to her and hurriedly left the room. Once the door was closed, drops of tears started to fall from the brunette's eyes as she turned to the letter on the table. She had read it again and again memorise every single words in it.

To my sister, Eren

It came to my notice that you had been getting a regular visit from my fiancé. I would be very exhilarated to know that you, my sister, is very please with and getting along with my fiancé, but alas that is not the case as I am curious on what had you done to gain the full attention on my fiancé? I am sure our dearest parents would be very concerned, after all, my fiancé seemed to spending more time with his soon-to-be sister-in-law than his fiancée. And so I had consulted this situation with them, and as expected, they were very shock and was quite furious towards you. Nevertheless, I hope to see you on the wedding day, that is if you are able to make it.

Your dearest sister,

Elizabeth Grace Anderson

Rushing around her room, she took out a piece of paper, a feathered pen and a bottle of ink. She scribbled onto the piece of paper and folded it neatly before placing it in an envelope. Placing a kiss onto the letter, she put the paper onto the table. Hurriedly, she took the letter and escaped her room through the window with a lighted candle and made her way to the cliff behind the house she lived in.

Taking deep breaths, she looked at how the waves crashed below. Closing her eyes, she let herself fall as she felt the wind rushed past her ears.

°•~•°☆°•~•°

"Eren, are you really resigning? Why? What are you going to do then?" Those were the questions Eren had been getting since everyone found out she was resigning three days ago. It was especially hard for Mikasa, Armin and Sasha. Throughout the three days, they kept giving her funny looks, which kind of deepen the Eren's guess that they were part of Survey Corp too.