Chapter 5

Jungkook's party was Friday and it was already Wednesday. Seokmin and Soonyoung were out buying their costumes, while Jihoon, Mingyu, and Wonwoo were at home because they had already bought their costumes. Jihoon had decided on being a baseball player, but there seemed to be some awkwardness in the air ever since Seungcheol stayed over.

"Jihoon, I've always meant to ask you, but what is your sexuality? I know that you've only had one crush before and it was a girl, but, still," Mingyu asked as he turned down the volume on the TV.

"I don't know. I always assumed I was straight," Jihoon muttered, typing an essay.

"But... have you ever thought that you might be... not... straight?" Wonwoo continued for Mingyu. Jihoon paused and looked up at the two.

"If this is about me and Seungcheol, I would suggest that you stop saying what I think you're about to say," Jihoon looked Mingyu in the eye.

"I'm not saying that. I'm just asking," Wonwoo defended himself.

"I haven't thought about it. I don't really want to be in a relationship right now because I'm busy," Jihoon responded sharply, causing the room to quiet down. Wonwoo and Mingyu knew that it wasn't just that holding him back from a relationship. It was something else and they wanted to know.

"Are you sure? We are your best friends and every time a girl or a guy gets close to you or asks you on a date, you chicken out and say no," Wonwoo said gently.

"Because I don't want a relationship! That's all," Jihoon snapped before shutting his laptop and walking to his room. Mingyu sighed.

"That didn't go as well as we had hoped," Mingyu lied down and rested his head on Wonwoo's lap.

"I noticed," Wonwoo ran a hand through his hair.

"Why won't he let anyone in? Ever since we were kids, he would only stick with me and then in highschool, you know how reluctant he was to accept you guys as his best friends. But he and Seungcheol grew close so fast...," Mingyu said as Wonwoo played with his boyfriend's hair.

"I mean, it was logical for us to think that they're starting to have feelings for each other because of how they act around each other. Have you noticed that after Seungcheol and Jihoon started talking and going to the café, he started hugging Jihoon from behind more than he hugs Jeonghan and Jihoon doesn't push him off, like he does with Jeonghan," Wonwoo explained.

"That's true, plus when we took the pictures and showed them to Seungcheol, he started smiling like a kid. Did you hear about what happened on Monday?" Mingyu asked Wonwoo, who shook his head.

"Basically, Seungcheol stayed over to give Jeonghan and Jisoo privacy, but he ended up sleeping in Jihoon's room, but that's not all. They slept in the same bed for some reason and when he woke up, Jihoon was trying to hold Seungcheol, like he does with the Stitch. Then, Seungcheol carried him to the bathroom and after, they went to change. Seungcheol was borrowing my clothes and in my room and Jihoon left his sweatshirt in my room. So, Jihoon, holding a shirt on his chest, entered my room and saw Seungcheol, basically shirtless, took his sweatshirt and ran away. Then, he came out of his room blushing like crazy," Mingyu explained.

"What a precious couple," Wonwoo smiled and wiped away a fake tear.

"I know, would you like to see more photos I took? They're from the café," Mingyu pulled out his phone and started flipping through the album, which had 100 photos in it now.

"We're back!" Seokmin yelled to the apartment.

"Did you buy jelly?" Mingyu yelled back.

"Yeah," Soonyoung said as he put the jelly in the cabinet.

"Did you get your costumes?" Wonwoo asked as the two entered with bags.

"Yeah, they're basically the same, but I just have glasses and the scar," Seokmin explained.

"Where's Jihoon?" Soonyoung asked as Seokmin put his arms around his boyfriend's shoulders and rested his head.

"In his room working because we asked him about sexuality and asked about why he isn't in a relationship then he got upset and stormed off," Wonwoo shook his head, flipping channels on the TV.

"Should I talk to him?" Soonyoung asked with concern.

"I mean, you can try, but he put up this emotional wall and won't tell anyone anything," Mingyu explained.

"Let's try it," Soonyoung said, pausing at his room's door and finally opening it. He saw that the only light on was Jihoon's desk lamp, where he was working.

"Do you want to take a break?" Soonyoung asked, sitting down on Jihoon's bed.

"No, I have to finish this essay by tomorrow," Jihoon said as he continued typing, without even looking up.

"Look, I know that we've never talked about this. But, just tell me straight. What's your relationship with Seungcheol?" Soonyoung leaned forward to try and look Jihoon in the eye.

"I... think we're friends," Jihoon said quietly.

"Do you think that he might like you?" Soonyoung continued, pressing the envelope.

"I don't know. I'm not his type. He's dated tall people before, who like skinship and are positive, so even if I did have feelings, it wouldn't work out," Jihoon said slowly, still typing.

"How do you know? Have you talked to him?" Soonyoung asked, still looking at the other. Jihoon was silent before saying, "No."

"Exactly. Haven't you noticed that he hugs you more than the others and takes care of you and smiles whenever he sees you?" Soonyoung shook his head at the other's ignorance.

"He does that to everyone. Can you just leave it? I just need to work on this essay I don't need to bring relationships into this. He would never like me and that's that," Jihoon said sharply and curled his fists. Soonyoung sighed and nodded, then left. Jihoon felt bad for snapping at three of his best friends, but he couldn't just say that he might like Seungcheol. He doesn't even know how it feels to like someone, so how can he be sure that he likes them?

As soon as Soonyoung left the room, Seokmin, Mingyu, and Wonwoo attacked him and pulled him to the living room to make Soonyoung spill the tea.

"What happened?" Seokmin shook Soonyoung's arm.

"He thinks they're just friends and that Seungcheol would never like him because he's not Seungcheol's type. He also thinks that he just hugs everyone and smiles at everyone. He hasn't noticed, but whenever I'm talking to Seungcheol and he gets a text from Jihoon on PM or the group chat or I mention the shortie, he just gets a loving look in his eyes and smiles. How is Jihoon so ignorant?" Soonyoung groaned.

"He has low self confidence. He never thinks that he's good enough," Mingyu replied, rubbing his face.

"Okay, you know what? We are going to find out if Seungcheol likes Jihoon, because there has to be some feelings that Jihoon has. Then, we will get them together, okay?" Seokmin whispered to the other three boys. They all nodded.

A/N: leo went to the hospital im so upset also someone make seventeen rest after a tour u rest u dont go COMEBACK YEYEYEYEYEYEEYEYEYE i love them but nah fam also shitty update again im so sorry im a mess b y e