Part 27

“Why didn’t you use it sooner?” asked Gwinda 1.

“It creates a mini universe that is sealed and separate from the bubble we are in at the moment.”

“What’s so bad about that?” inquired Gwinda 2.

“Nothing much if it just creates one bubble. But if the event occurs at a fixed point in non-time then it could be like a bubble machine.”

“What’s so bad about that?” wondered Splob.

“All of the different dimensions would shrink accordingly until they disappeared.”

“So the bubble machine uses bits of the universe to make the bubbles?” thought Sidney.

“That’s right. There would be nothing else but a multitude of bubbled mini-universes.”

“Do you think that’s the Author’s take on the multiverse theory?”

“I didn’t think he agreed with that?”

“Whether he does or he doesn’t I think you should send me back to rescue Sid and stop Grunkel.”

“Oh alright, that seems to be what the Author wants anyway.”

Appearing inside the gnome enclosure, to save time, Sidney scared the life out of Grunkel who dropped the IWT again, “If I keep dropping it I’ll break it,” he thought out loud.

“Good,” said Sidney.

Grunkel looked as Sidney as he fished for the IWT under the table. “Who are you by the way?”

“Sidney, the Sid from a different dimension, so I’ve found out.”