Part 7

“What is happening here exactly?” Gwinda asked Splob.

“For hundreds of years, I and my family have been hiding here in precinct 1 making our homes in the access tunnels, ducts, small nooks and crannies. We have been treated like criminals so we decided to fight back. I rescued Grunkel here from Precinct 13 to help us start the war.”

“But surely war is bad,” she opined.

“That’s right, and don’t call me Surely.”

“They used that joke on Airplane didn’t they?”

“Surely they didn’t, anyway that was in a different dimension, a different time, a different reality.”

“You’re only saying that because you don’t want to get done for copyright infringement.”

“All I have to do is go back in time and tell the joke before Leslie Nielson and I can do him for copyright infringement.”

“Surely you wouldn’t?”

“I would, and I still don’t like the name Surely.” He shook his head a little, “Anyway, getting back to your previous question.”

“Which one?”

“War is bad? The droids do not fight against us but against each other, droids fighting droids.” He offered her a biscuit, “Valusian Cheritan?”

“Oh thank you,” she said as she dunked it in her cup.

“I would have taken you as a dipper, not a dunker,” thought Splob.

“I would have said dippy myself,” joked Sidney.