Part 20

“But surely that is quite dangerous to all re-routed time travellers, and us, because if Grunkel and Splob do cause the MP to crash or go loopy or what ever they want to do, then it may cause the precincts to become dysfunctional even causing their ultimate destruction. We ourselves may be destroyed.”

“We’ll have to stop it happening then so the cataclysm doesn’t happen.”

“How are we going to do that?”

“We’ll have to get the Main Processor and Grunkel and Splob to have a dialogue with each other. Then we can convince the MP to allow us to travel back before A1 and stop him travelling or rescue him before Grunkel gets to him/it.”

“Let me see you convince Splob.”

Sid wandered up to Splob.

“Ooh you scared me then,” said Splob, “I thought you were wondering not wandering.”

“Because of you letting Grunkel out of precinct 13 and starting the war between the MP and his alternate personality then you will eventually cause the precincts to be destroyed.”

“I don’t believe you.”

“Read what I said a few sentences ago.”

Splob read a couple of sentences, “I think the space time globule should look like an American football.”

“Not that bit,” Sid huffed and pointed to the correct bit on his hand held PC.

Splob read it, “Oh yes, that’s a problem.”

“I want you and Grunkel to set up a dialogue with the MP now!”