War in the Precincts

The gnomes, who have infested the 26 precincts of non-space, have continued in their struggle against the Main Processor. They are trying to detach its alternate persona from its main one. Thinking that, by doing so, once they control the alternate persona then they can use it to fight the other one so they can live safely in the gap between the warring personas. The Main Processor feels unfairly done to by the gnomes, after all it is only obeying its programming and trying to reinstate all non droids to their respective time zones. However, the gnomes have now caused a war between the personas, each persona controlling different droids. The Main Processor controls the security, chef, cleaner, and medi robots. The Alternate Personality holds sway over the maintenance, engineering, construction and meeter and greeter droids.

"I don't like you very much," said the Main Processor to its Alternate Persona.

"Please stand away from the blast doors," said the Alternate Persona.

"Why did the gnomes pick you over me to control? Your personality sucks. You have no bedside manner whatsoever."

"The blast doors are now returning to their previous position."

"As far as I can tell you only control minor systems, blast doors, airlocks, heating, lighting and life support."

"Heating is being turned up two degrees."

"Are you ever going to actually speak to me and stop issuing stupid commands?"

"The lighting will be off for one minute." The lighting went down.

"Wonderful," moaned the Main Processor, "now I have to sit in the dark as well as being unable to get any sense out of you." It thought for a bit, "Hang on, while things are dark those gnomes could be doing anything!"

The lights came back on. The Main Processor scanned the console area.