Part 21

“Well that’s all right isn’t it?”

“What?”

“It might be good to liven things up a bit seeing as the story is called ‘War in the Precincts’. The Author might get done for mis-selling his product. The only battle we’ve seen in this story so far is a meeter and greeter droid hitting a damaged security droid over the head with a sign. ”

"It's a sign of the times," interrupted Sidney.

“I suppose I could get the AP to lift the blast doors, but we must be ready to nip past them so we can get straight to the MP," thought Splob.

“Can’t you get down one of those access tunnels?” asked Sid.

“We could but you’ve been eating too many pies.”

“Cheek!” exclaimed Sid. “Why don’t you and Grunkel go down the access tunnels then and leave us here?”

“One of us would need to stay here to unlock the security protocols on the access tunnels. They too have door mechanisms that are locked in case of an explosion. It’s easier just to nip through.”

“If you say so.”

“I do.”

“What?”

“Say so.”

“So do I.”

“When?”

“When needs must.”

Splob unlocked the blast doors then led the others to the fleeby deeber racks. Splob, Grunkel, Sidney, Sid and the two Gwindas all got on fleeby deebers and drove them through the opening blast doors. The security, medi robots and chef droids were unprepared for the blast doors opening.