Part 19

Sid was getting a bit bored so he was looking at the story so far on his hand held PC and chuckling to himself, “I am funny.”

Gwinda looked over his shoulder, “what are you doing?”

“I am just reading the story so far, it’s quite funny.” He did something to make a sufficient pause for his next statement, “do you know the ironic thing?”

“No, what?”

“If the MP hadn’t sent A1 back in time to precinct 1 then Grunkel couldn’t have got his hands on the technology to both circumnavigate the security protocols and then travel in time to create the War in the Precincts.”

“Very ironic.” She thought for a bit, “I thought time didn’t exist in the precincts?”

“It is outside of time.”

“So if the analogy of time being a piece of cloth and time travellers being pieces of thread that are pulled towards either the future or past is true then the precincts are like a football watching the cloth.”

“I suppose.”

“An American football or a British one?”

“A British one is round, more in keeping with a detached globule of space time.”

“That makes my head go funny. If the precincts are outside of time then surely all re-routed time travellers visit the time backwater together?”

“Or not. It probably has something to do with the MP’s programming.”