vii. real life.

esmeralda walked at bill's side as she looked up at him, her lanyard around her neck

esmeralda walked at bill's side as she looked up at him, her lanyard around her neck. "thanks for coming to get me," she told him.

"no big deal. it was worth sitting in LA traffic," he chuckled, biting on his lip before he let it go.

esmeralda couldn't help but find the action adorable to say the least.

"so, where are we eating?" she asked, and he shrugged casually, smiling.

"I was thinking we could try one of the street vendors."

esmeralda's face lit up and she grinned. "as long as we get some fried pickles."

"fried pickles?"

"yes! they're delicious. I had some once when my dad was filming in Atlanta." she admitted.

bill laughed at her excitement and the way her eyes lit up. "okay." after a moment passed after they crossed the street, bill holding her hand until they got to the other side, he asked another question. "what's that like? having your dad as an actor?"

"it's okay," she admitted. "it's weird sometimes. people like to base my popularity or my career based off me riding on his coattails."

he frowned a little. "but that's not right."

"I know," she said shortly. "no one listens. that's why I don't act."

"but what about Things Down Below?"

she laughed shortly, and to bill, it was one of the most beautiful things he had heard. "that's my first acting job since I was five." she told him. "and that doesn't start till I graduate."

"what's your major?" he asked.

"art history and philosophy. I minor in women, gender, and minority studies." she shrugged. "I'm never going to have a job," she laughed.

bill chuckled. "come to Sweden. we have nice museums."

esmeralda exhaled a laugh. "I'll consider it. thanks for the invite."

bill nodded. "no problem," he smiled. "now, let's go grab some food, and you can tell me all about your favorite artwork."

"seriously?" esmeralda asked as they walked down the street. "you sure you want to hear that?"

"I'm certain." he told her, squeezing her hand. "tell me everything. and don't leave out a single detail."