Part 13

They reached the apartment late it in night. Sonakshi was tired and had dosed off in the car. Dev did not wish to wake her up and so he decided to carry Sonakshi in his arms. He carefully picked her up in his arms, taking care of her baby bump. The reached their main door. Dev struggled to open the main door with Sonakshi in his arms. He saw the watch man walking down the stairs. He asked for help. The watchman opened the door. Dev went to their room and placed Sonakshi on the bed. He put the comforter on top of her and went to the parking to get their luggage.
It was morning, Sonakshi had woken up before dev. She grabbed some cornflakes for breakfast as the doctor had advised her not to exert herself. After breakfast,Sonakshi went for a shower. Dev was fast asleep but his phone rang and he woke up. It was Tina. 'Hello sir, sorry to disturb you, but there is something important'. Kya hua Tina? Is everything alright?' Dev asked in a series tone. He seemed worried. 'Sir, Ishwari enterprises ke account mein ek bhaut badi problem hai. Invoices ke koi bhi details record Nahi hue hai'.' Dev was shocked because apparently this would lead to being bank corrupt. He jumped out of the bed and rushed towards the guest room bathroom. He threw his towel on the bed and knocked at Sonakshi's door, she was still in the bathroom. 'Sonakshi, main office ja raha hu. I will meet you in the evening. Bye'. Saying that he left. Sonakshi walked out of the bathroom. Knowing the fact that dev had left for office made her upset. Everyday, dev would clean the house but today he had rushed early. Seeing her house in a mess annoyed her. She saw dev's wet towel on the bed. It pissed her off. Sonakshi hated it when the house would be in mess. With a lot of struggle, she managed to clean the room. She was tired. She decided to seek some rest. As she went to sleep, Asha called her to ask her about her health. Talking to each other was a daily routine. Sonakshi told Asha how she cleaned everything and how Dev rushed to office. Asha had understood that Sonakshi was tired. After the spoke for 15 minutes, Sonakshi decided to sleep till lunch time.
It was lunch time and Sonakshi woke up. She decided to order some food. As she was about call the restaurant, the door bell rang. Asha had sent lunch for Sonakshi through the driver. Sonakshi was extremely happy that Asha sent her lunch. She quickly took the food in the kitchen and put it in a plate. Her favourite food, ''fish fry and prawns curry'' made her extremely happy. She felt good to eat home cooked food. That was exactly what she had craved for. She ate her lunch with complete satisfaction.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At dev's office.
Dev was busy with all the files. He had drank nearly 7 cups of coffee. He was extremely stressed. All his associates were sitting in his cabin trying to rectify the errors.
'Tina, itni badi mistake kaise ho sakti hai? I have employed all of you to make sure ki accounts mein koi bhi problem na ho? Do you guys understand ki iss mistake ke Karan, yeh company bank corrupt ho sakti hai?' Dev was extremely pissed off and annoyed. The day had already started on a bad note.
Dev missed his lunch and stayed in office till late. The issue was still not solved and dev was under great stress.
It was 10 pm and dev had returned. Sonakshi had been waiting for him. Throughout the day, Dev had neither called nor messaged Sonakshi. That made her upset. Dev opened the door and threw laptop bag on the sofa. He removed his shoes but did not bother to keep them back in the shoe rack.
Sonakshi saw all of this and this pissed her again. Dev was being irresponsible and unorganised.
Sonakshi got angry and said 'Dev, kya hai yeh? Shoes ko rack main toh rakho. Aaj tum kuch bhi theek se Nahi kar rahe ho. What is wrong with you? Aaj Subha bhi tum ne towel ko bhi bed pe rakh dia'. Dev was also pissed off due to what had happened in office. In an angry tone he yelled at Sonakshi ' toh kya hua Sonakshi? Big deal. Ek towel hi toh hai? Tum ek towel ka itna baad issue bana rehi ho'. Sonakshi felt hurt. She did not expect dev to yell at her. She did not want to fight with dev. She quietly walked towards the bedroom. Tears rolled down her cheeks.
Dev sat in the living room in silence. He kept thinking about his office problems.
He sat alone for nearly half an hour and then he realised that the way he yelled at Sonakshi was not right. He had realised that Sonakshi reacted that way because of her mood swings. He knew that mood swings were quite normal during pregnancy. He decided to make up for his mistake. He went to the bed room and saw that the lights were off. He could hear Sonakshi weep. Seeing Sonakshi like that hurt dev. He walked towards her and sat beside her. He wiped Sonakshi's tears and kissed her on her cheek. 'I am sorry Sonakshi. I should have not yelled at you. I over reacted. Aaj office mein bhaut stress tha. Iss lea I yelled at you. I am really sorry'. Sonakshi kept weeping. 'Miss. Bose, I am really sorry. I love you. Please forgive me'. Dev couldn't convince her. 'accha, tum ne dinner kia?' Sonakshi nodded in denial. 'okay then, let's go out for dinner. Maine bhi subha se kuch Nahi khaya hai'. Sonakshi kept quiet. 'Sonakshi, I am sorry. Thume jo karna hai woh karo. Yell at me, mujhe maro but please chup mat raho'. Dev's innocence melted Sonakshi. It was impossible for her to stay angry at Dev for a long time. She got up from the bed and kissed dev on his lips. ' I am sorry too dev. I should have not reacted'. Dev felt relieved that Sonakshi had forgiven him. Dev hugged her and said 'l love you Mrs. Dixit'. Sonakshi giggled and replied 'I love you too Mr. Dixit'.
***********************************
Thank you so much for all the love and support guys. After reading all the comments, I have decided not to end the story any time soon.