Part 10

It was afternoon and dev and Sonakshi had a heavy Sunday brunch together. Dev sat on the bed with his laptop working on some presentations while Sonakshi stood in front of the mirror admiring her baby bump with affection. 'Dev, main bhaut moti ho gai hu na?' Asked Sonakshi making a puppy face. Dev looked at her and smiled. He walked towards Sonakshi and hugged her from the back and said 'tum Moti Nahi, bhaut cute ho gai ho Mrs. Dixit'. Sonakshi blushed and Dev kissed her cheeks. She turned around and kept her hands around dev's neck. She gave a peck on his nose and Dev had the cutest smile on his face. Dev looked at her and said 'arey? Nose pe koi kiss karta hai kya? A kiss is meant for some other place'. Sonakshi blushed and looked down towards the floor. Dev held her by her cheeks and kept his lips on hers. Sonakshi responded and she kissed him passionately. Dev wanted to be naughty, he traced is hands towards her shoulder and tried to slide her dress. Sonakshi understood what he was doing and she stopped him. She broke the kiss and looked at him. She gave him a peck on his cheeks and said 'abhi Nahi. Raat mein. Abhi hum dono shopping ke lea mall ja rahe hai. The mom to be wants her husband to pamper her and buy her new clothes.' She winked at him and Dev blushed at her cuteness. Sonakshi rushed towards the washroom to get ready.
They reached the mall and dev helped Sonakshi get out of the car. Dev held her hand and they walked in the mall. They spent nearly 5 hours at the mall. Sonakshi was exhausted and so they decided to have dinner at the food court. It was 9:00 and they decided to head back home. They were stuck at the signal when a little girl came and knocked at the driver seat window. Dev rolled down the car window and saw the little girl carrying a bunch of fresh gajras. He asked the girl' yeh kitne ka hai?' To which the girl replied, '30₹ ka hai'. Dev took out his wallets and gave her a 50₹ note. The girl gave him a gajra and removed 20₹ from her pocket. Dev took the gajra and asked the girl to keep the change. Sonakshi was looking at Dev and his gestures. Dev looked at her and said,' turn around Sonakshi, main tumhe yeh gajra phenhana chahata hu.' Sonakshi turned around and and Dev put the gajra on the hair. They remembered the time when dev struggled to put gajra during Neha's wedding.
They reached home and Sonakshi went to freshen up while dev sat on the sofa watching a cricket match. Dev phone rang and it was mamaji. Dev was happy to see that mamaji called him. He answered the call and just when he was about to say hello, mamaji began to cry over the phone. Dev was shocked. He didn't know how to react. He asked mamaji what happened but mamaji couldn't utter a word. Dev kept questioning him but mamaji did not speak but just cried. A few minutes later mamaji stopped crying and said' Dev, ish.....Ishwari'. On hearing the word Ishwari, Dev felt numb. 'Kya hua maa ko? Sab theek hai na?' Mamaji replied, 'dev Ishwari bhaut bimar hai. Bukhar se tap rehi hai. Aur kab se Tera naam le rehi hai.' Kya hua ajanak se? Mama ji, main ghar as raha hu abhi.
Sonakshi was out of the washroom and was sitting on the bead reading her novel while she saw dev restlessly pacing around in the corridor. She called him but he did not respond she walked towards him and kept her hand on his shoulder. Dev turned around and hugged Sonakshi. He began to cry while Sonakshi tried to calm him down. Sonakshi was confused 'kya hua dev? Kuch toh bolo?. Dev hugged her tighter and said ' maa bhaut bimar hai.Maa bukhar mein tap rehi hai aur mera naam le rehi hai. Mujhe abhi ghar Jana hoga. Lakin mein tume akala nahi chod sakta'. Sonakshi thought for a few seconds and said ' Dev, mein bhi tumhare saath chal rehi hu.' Dev was shocked he didn't expect Sonakshi to say that after all what Ishwari did to her. 'Sonakshi....tum.' 'Dev, yeh humara family matter hai. I am coming with you.' Sonakshi had a big heart and she kept her ego aside to help Ishwari and her family. Dev felt extremely proud of Sonakshi. They quickly packed some clothes as they were going to stay in the Dixit house for a few days.
Throughout the drive dev was panicking. Sonakshi saw him and was worried for him. To calm him down, she kept her hand on his hand which was on the gear box. Sonakshi didn't react because she knew that if she would have reacted then dev would have felt even more weak and Sonakshi knew that she had to be dev's strength and not his weakness. Neither of them spoke throughout the drive. Sonakshi was extremely nervous to face everyone at the Dixit house but she wanted to standby dev forever.