Part 6

It was morning, Dev woke up before Sonakshi and decided to make her happy by making her breakfast because he knew that Sonakshi loved it when he would make her breakfast and serve it in bed. He went to the kitchen and made an omelette, toast with some fresh orange juice and fruit. He kept the breakfast on a tray and walked towards the bedroom. He sat beside her while she was asleep. Dev caressed her forehead. Sonakshi woke up. Dev smiled at her and said 'good morning Sonakshi, 'tum theek se soe?' Sonakshi sat on the bed and nodded. She saw the food and was extremely happy. She loved the efforts dev put in for her but she couldn't express it. That night when they signed the papers was still bothering her. Sonakshi loved breakfast in bed she felt pampered. After breakfast dev got ready for office. It was his last day to go to office as he had decided to work from home so that he could look after Sonakshi. He left for work. Sonakshi took a quick shower. She sat on the sofa and kept changing the television channel. She was bored. She decided to pay a visit to Asha. She wanted to surprise her mother by going to her house. Sonakshi booked a cab and got ready. She reached her home and rang the door bell. Asha opened the door and saw Sonakshi. 'Sona....tu yaha? asked Asha. 'Kyu maa main Yaha Nahi aa sakti?said Sona. Asha smiled and said 'arey, yeh tera ghar hai. Jab man kare aa ja. Main toh thuje yaha dekh kar bhaut khush hu'. They sat in the living room. Asha got Sonakshi a glass of water. 'Maa, baba kaha hai? Dikh nahi rahe hai? To which Asha said,'tere baba kuch kam se bank gaye hai. Waise Sona, tu theek hai na? Dev ke saat reh pa rehi hai na? Koi problem toh Nahi hai? She asked her in a concerned voice. 'Nahi maa. Sab theek hai. Dev bhi bhaut acche se khyal rakh rahe hai. Par pata Nahi kyu maa, aaj kal Dev se baat karni ki himat Nahi hoti. Mujhe Shayad iss baat ka dar hai ki agar kahi kuch ho jayega to kya hoga.' Asha knew that Sonakshi was scared. She said to her' kuch Nahi hoga Sona. Sab theek ho jayega. Tu dev ko ek chance de. He is a good man. Woh tera aur tumhare baby la bhaut khayal rakhega.' Sonakshi didn't say anything. Asha and Sonakshi shared a bond that best friends share. They spoke for sometime when Asha realised that Sonakshi must be hungry. 'Thuje Bhook lagi hogi na? Rukh. Main tere lea lunch serve karti hu. Aaj coincidently main Tera favourite fish curry aur rice banaya hai.' Sonakshi was extremely happy to eat ''maa ke haat ka khana''. The lunch was extremely heavy. After lunch Asha and Sonakshi chatted for some more time. Asha told her some precautions to take during pregnancy.
It was evening and Sonakshi decided to go back to her apartment. Dev was home working on his laptop. He saw Sonakshi enter. He asked her,' hi Sonakshi, kaha thi tum'. Sonakshi replied, ' maa ke ghar gai thi. Dev, mujhe bilkul bhi bhook Nahi hai. Maa ne bhaut heavy lunch banaya tha. I won't have dinner. Mai bhaut thak gai hu. I am going to sleep'. With that Sonakshi went to sleep. Dev decided to make himself a sandwich for dinner. He had his dinner and went back to work. About an hour later, Dev decided to go to sleep. He saw Sonakshi was peaceful sleeping.
A few hours later, when dev was fast asleep , he heard some noise coming from the kitchen. He noticed that Sonakshi was not in the bedroom. He walked towards the kitchen and saw that Sonakshi was searching for something.
Kya hua Sonakshi, tumhe kuch chaaheye? Dev asked. Sonakshi hesitated and said ' voh actually..... mujhe bhaut bhook lagi hai. Mujhe Pav bhaji khane ka bhaut man ho raha hai'. Dev looked at the wall clock. It was 1:00am. He smiled and said ' theek hai chalo. Hum kahi Pav bhaji khane chalte hai'. Even though he was very tired, he didn't wish to disappoint Sonakshi by saying no to her. Dev wore his jacket and they left to eat. They decided to go to a street food stall. As they reached, Dev got out of the car to get Sonakshi Pav bhaji. He did not let her come out of the car because standing for too long was not good for her. Dev took the plate from the waiter and gave it to Sonakshi. Sonakshi enjoyed eating it to the fullest. She had a joy on her face that a 5 year old has on seeing balloons. Sonakshi found joy and happiness by little little things in life. She enjoyed the pav bhaji while dev admired her from a little distance.