22: Much Needed Break

Start from the beginning

"Really? That's awesome! I'm really looking forward to the final outcome Tae," she smiled.

"Do you have some lines that you want to add?"

"Hmm..." she was quiet for a while, contemplating of some poetic words she could come up with to make somewhat acceptable lyrics for a song. "How about; The nameless bird that sings in the park at dawn, where are you?"

She stopped in the middle of the pool and pushed her goggles up to her swimming-cap-covered forehead. "The nameless bird that sings in the park at dawn, where are you?" She absentmindedly whispered to herself before closing her eyes.

"He's still in Seoul," she remembered Taehyung saying randomly during their conversation. "I feel like you've been wanting to ask me where he is. He's still in Seoul, whenever his brother ㅡ Joongki-hyung ㅡ gets a break from the army, Kookie usually spends more time with his family."

"That's... good to hear, I guess," she muttered quietly. At least it's easier for her to fulfill the deal with her brother.

But it seems like her mind had a plan of its own because questions began to echo in her head once again. Are they always going to be like this? Go on with their own lives without communication for almost a week?

Then one would suddenly appear out of nowhere and they'll act like everything between them is fine though it's far from it. Are they taking each other for granted? Is he even worried about her like how much she is to him? Should they even go on with whatever they have right now?

"He'll be back soon, don't worry," Tae smiled and was about to say something more when a familiar figure reached their table. "Oh noona you're here," he said, looking up.

Lisa's eyes momentarily widened, "I didn't know you two are related," she said, surprise coating her voice.

"He's my stepbrother," Irene smiled, "it's nice seeing you again Lisa."

"Yes, it felt like it's been ages since I last saw you. Iㅡ"

"Liz," BamBam called out, making her turn to him, "sorry I need to be somewhere, can we go?"

"Yeah sure," she nodded before facing the two again, "sorry I have to go."

"No worries Lisa, I'll see you again soon," Taehyung grinned making her laugh.

"Okay, have a nice day. Bye!"

She was about to turn around and start walking when Tae held her wrist, making her stop. "Just trust him Liz, he cares for you a lot."

"Thank you for reminding me."

●○●○

Her coach ended her training two hours earlier than usual so when she was done taking a shower and changing back to her uniform, there's still half an hour left to spare. She sat on the steel bench in the middle of the locker room and unlocked her phone, only to see text notifications from her friends.

FROM: Roseanne

Liz! We're planning to sleep over Jisoo's tonight, your brother better be fine with it or else he's going to have a taste of my wrath.

FROM: Pres Chichoo

You're coming tonight right? Let's have lots of fun Lalisaaaaa ♡

FROM: Jennie

Hey Liz, take a break from everything and hang out with us understand? I'll see you tonight.

Her lips instantly tugged upwards but just as she was about to reply, a new notification popped up.

FROM: Jackson-oppa

Mom called, there's something she needs to talk with us. JB is on his way to fetch you.

Just like that, her bright mood was gone, and a certain brown-eyed guy invaded her mind again for the umpteenth time. She gazed at her phone and uncontrollably tapped the Phone Log logo and scrolled through it ㅡ instantly finding the unregistered number that has been calling her at least five times a day.

There was a great possibility that it was him but there's still a chance that it wasn't. Why won't she accept the call? Simple, she's afraid of both possibilities. What if it's him? She made a promise with her brother and a deal is a deal. What if it isn't him? Then it will hurt because she hoped it's him. She wished it's him.

That's how ridiculous she is being and it's driving her crazy. She doesn't know what to do. She doesn't even know what she wanted anymore! She made it through the midterm week easily like usual but emotionally? She knew she's far from okay.

She needs a break.

The moment the idea hit her, she was on her feet before quickly slinging her backpack on her shoulders, and running out of the pool area towards the school's back entrance.

She's going to escape for a while, clear her head, think things through and come back when she got her senses back. She doesn't care where she will go. She doesn't care if she'll get lost. She doesn't care how long it will take. She doesn't care about the fact that she left her phone on that steel bench she was sitting on earlier, she just needs to breathe.

And when she comes back, she will be Wang Lalisa again. That girl who think things through before making decisions and that girl who despite of being clueless, still remains independent and true to herself.

That's her. That's Lisa.