The Times I Noticed You

Here's just some imagination about how Scott and Isaac saw/noticed each other. They're just soo cute omfggggggggg!!

I

The first time Scott truly saw Isaac, was that fateful day on the lacrosse field. Scott had just recently learned how powerful his sense of smell really was when he was hit by the scent. Underneath all of the cheap, drugstore body spray and the musk of sweat and lust was the smell of something wild. Like the scent of a freshly cut pine tree or rain falling from the heavens onto the Earth, it was the smell of a wolf. And under that natural scent was something Scott didn't know how to explain. It smelled like someone had just mown their lawn, or like someone had just taken clean clothes out of the dryer. It smelled like home. But Scott had more pressing matters at hand than to investigate the scent that was confusing the hell out of him. He volunteered to be the goalie and didn't realise how honest to god odd it looked to be smelling someone until about half way into his master plan. It wasn't until he looked down into Isaac's glowing amber eyes that he even thought that Isaac could be a wolf. Isaac Lahey was the newest beta. Isaac Lahey. The quiet, wallflower who sits in the back if every class and on numerous occasions showed up with fresh bruises was the newest beta. What was Derek thinking turning someone, if you could even consider the shell that Isaac was a person, into the killing machine that was a werewolf. The moment of discovery was quickly squashed when Sheriff Stilinksi showed up with backup. They quickly whisked Isaac off of the field and over by the bleachers. Scott listened in as Stile's dad told Isaac that his own father was dead and Isaac was a person of interest. This is why you don't turn random teenagers that belong on angst ridden soap operas into supernatural beasts. Why couldn't Derek seem to grasp that? From that moment on Scott was sure of one thing. Isaac Lahey was going to alter his life forever.

II

The second time that Scott took a minute to look at Isaac was at the stupid rave. Isaac had been cleared of all chargers in the murder investigation, but had clearly taken a page out of Derek's book. Isaac was an ass with the leather jacket and plain t-shirt and all. And with that him and his pack mate, or maybe she was his girlfriend, Erica Reyes strutted around Beacon Hills High like they owned the place. But it was all a false front. Underneath the new makeover and bad boy persona was still self-loathing and quite a bit of anger. In fact, Isaac practically oozed with anger, which smelled both like fire and the ash it leaves behind. But who that anger was directed towards Scott didn't know. Maybe it was towards his dad, or Jackson, or maybe Isaac was angry at Scott. Scott kind of hoped Isaac was angry at him, that way Scott could beat his ass. Scott didn't like Isaac; he couldn't stand him to be honest. He also didn't trust Isaac farther than he could throw him. The guy was a loose cannon. And yet, god only knows, Deaton trusted Isaac with that damn ketamine syringe. And Scott trusted Deaton, but he still didn't like his plan. This is how Scott McCall ended up at a rave. Maybe if Scott would have actually been enjoying himself rather than worrying about ever possible thing that could wrong, he would have actually had a nice time. On top of that Scott tells Isaac that he doesn't want him getting hurt, and where the hell did that come from. Of course Isaac has to misunderstand making Scott repeat and embarrass himself further. Asshole. But it would appear Isaac Lahey can't follow even the simplest instructions. Scott almost forgets how to breathe when the Kanima, Jackson, swipes his claws against both Isaac and Erica's necks. By some miracle, Isaac gets the syringe in though and sedates Jackson. In the end it was basically for nothing because while Scott was busy trying not to let Mrs. Argent murder him. Jackson successfully killed Kara. Somehow through all of this Scott didn't miss how the home like smell was back. Or the way Isaac looked genuinely confused with the prospect of Scott caring about him.