Chapter 2

“I’m not going.” I stood with my arms on my hips shaking my head like a 4 year old.

“Sofiaaaaa! Don’t be silly.” This time it was Louise my other bestie that was tugging on my hands to get me into the car.

“No, I am not being silly. Going to this party with him there is silly. What were you guys thinking making me go?”

“Sof it’s for your own good and you know it!” Dianne mirrored my four year old pose and this time she was nearing my height in my cream heels. “If you don’t go, we don’t.”

Now that is what crushed me. Louise in her floral bralet and high waisted jeans looked so good I could weep whilst Dianne was wearing the nicest ice cream green skirt that was shorter at the front and longer at the back. My other friend Sasha chose that moment to walk in dressed in an off the shoulder blue dress that cinched in at the waist with black wedges.

I myself had managed to sort my wavy dark brown hair into some sort of state of control with a middle parting and the rest lying wherever it wanted. The leather shorts showed off my bare legs ad wearing lace up wedge boots and a salmon shirt on top I knew we all looked good. Damn, we all looked smoking. This effort could not go to waste.

“Sofia Penelope Moretti, if you don’t get your butt out of there and into my car you will face my fist,” shouted Sasha from her beat up Renault Clio.

I sighed, there was no chance I was escaping this and grabbing my leather jacket I dashed outside mumbling profanities all the way.

It wasn’t long before we reached Alicia’s house and the smell of food on a barbecue and sounds of Labrinth got me pumping.

“You know what? Fuck it. I am going to have fun. I am not going to think about George at all; in fact I won’t even talk to him if he is there.”

With this new found attitude and egged on by the cheers from my fellow ladies, I walked round the back and greeted all my friends whilst grabbing a corona on the way.

“Sofiaaa!” Kieran’s incredibly deep voice hurtled at me followed shortly by his rugby player body that nearly knocked me to the ground.

“Kieraaan!” I giggled and returned the hug. “How are you?”

“How am I?! I’ve been sad without you! You haven’t come to the park in ages.” He was hitting near 6ft4 and he loomed over me whilst reprimanding me. “This break with George is no excuse for you to neglect our friendship!”

“Well sorry some of us have school still and I am not using it as an excuse!” I huffed, secretly enjoying our love-hate relationship. If it wasn’t for Kieran I don’t think George and I would have ever gotten together – Kieran was the one who kicked George up the ass and made him ask me out, our awkward dance of sexual tension was too much for the irish fella.

“Well all is good now that you are here and drinking I see” He raised his eyebrows then crossed his arms.

Rolling my eyes I replied, “What? I’ve decided to let loose tonight.”

“That’s mah girl.” Him and Dianne were so scarily similar it freaked me out sometimes.

“So who is here?” I turned away from Kieran but I knew he could see my true intentions.

“Yes Sofia, George is here.” He stalled and turned to me running a hand through his hair. “Listen, if I was you I would steer clear of him because…”

“Because..?” I was waiting but I think I already knew what he was going to say.

“Let’s just say he took this whole “break” thing very seriously.” His voice was softer and lower and he crowded me so that no one could see how my eyes fluttered shut and my breath shook out of me.