19~Fire Dance

"Why isn't it past their bloody bedtime?" Killian grumbles,

"Because little boys should never be sent to bed, they always wake up a day older," I sigh, earning the two apparent spies to nearly jump out of their skins- I'd quite like to see that happen, "don't worry, I just wanted to check in on this amazing plan we have. I haven't told the boss you're out here," I wave my hand as if i was doing them a favour, "yet,"

"Can you go annoy someone else," Killian snaps and I pretend to be wounded by placing a hand over my chest. 

"You're the only one that appears to find me annoying," I point out, not moving from my crouched position between them overlooking the camp; Sophie out in the open as she dances between her brothers, but under the watchful gaze of her father from his seat in the shadows of the blazing fire. 

"Please," he sighs and I smile at him,

"There now, that wasn't so hard now was it?" I wave my hand for effect and disappear from their hair and immediately join in the dancing around the camp fire; grabbing my little girls hands and twirling her around in the shadows of the firelight. Her giggle has a smile instantly brightening up my face as she holds my hands and drags me around in the dancing circle eagerly. 

"Faster!" she giggles as I sweep her up in my arms and twirl us around quickly. Her curls dancing around her face as she beams at me with her small toothy grin. Pulling her into my chest and snuggling my face into hers I blow a raspberry on her cheek,

"Daddy!" she squeals as I hold her tightly and begin tickling her, "save me!" she smiles between her gasps and giggles. 

Quickly, Peter uses his magic and appears beside me to take her from me, "Does a princess need saving?" he smiles as he kisses her rosy cheeks, whilst she wraps her tiny arms around his neck tightly and sticks her little pink tongue out at me from his hold.

"No," she smiles and kisses Peters cheek, "but mummy does," she smirks as I'm suddenly tackled to the ground by my two sons, Robert and Jake. 

"Not fair," I shout as I begin wrestling with the two grown boys in the dry earth beside the raging fire. Having had enough of Peters laughing I use my magic to knock him off his feet and quickly I jump on top of him, making sure to not squish Sophie. 

"Pile on!" I shout and practically all the boys come racing over to try and help us pin down the infamous Pan. 

"Traitors," he shouts but it's muffled by Sophie clamping both her tiny hands over his mouth to shut him up as he squirms beneath the weight of all of the lost boys and myself. Laughing till our cheeks are sore, Peter eventually uses his magic to disappear from beneath us- taking Sophie with him- so that all the boys suddenly drop on top of me with a load thud. 

"Ow!" I gasp as I push and shove all the boys until they're off me; where as Peter stands beside me and offers a hand, Sophie in his other arm as she clings to his neck- both of them smiling down at me,

"Peter Pan never fails," my little Sophie beams as I take Peters hand and pull myself up so that I can snatch her from his grip whilst hooking my leg under his own so that he falls to the floor like a bag of hammers. 

"Is that true," I comment, turning and walking away as Peter pulls himself to his feet and dusts off the dirt, Sophie giggling as I swing her in my hold. 

"Catch!" I shout to Robert as we pass in the dancing circle that has reformed, around the fire; throwing a squealing Sophie from my arms and into her older brothers strong hold. He pretends to miss her as she screams but catches her just before her bare foot touches the ground and dances off with her. 

I feel Peters arms snake around my waist as he buries his head in the crook of my neck where I'm sue a new love bite will be forming. I grab his hands that rest in the centre of my hips and rub soothing circles on the back of them as we begin to sway to our own, slower, rhythm.  Gently taking my hands in his, Peter steps back and opens his arm for me to twirl underneath,  my tattered black skirt that sits high on my toned thighs rises ever so slightly at my slow pirouette before Peter pulls me tight against his chest. A hand takes mine and his other rests low on the base of my back as we gently rock back and forth, my head resting on his chest and his own atop of mine- he places a kiss on my head. 

"The secret to having it all, is knowing you already have it," Peter whispers in my ear; a complete change in attitude to a few years ago when we took Henry's heart- then he realised that even though I am immortal, I can be taken away by a simple arrow and be gone in seconds. 

"And I better be you're everything," I whisper as I tilt my head up to kiss the underside of his chin before he tilts his own head down to peck my awaiting lips. Falling back into our embrace I watch out of the corner of my eyes two of the boys bring out the pig for roasting- a red apple wedged tightly into it's mouth.

We're all interrupted by flipping Tiger Lily shooting an arrow into the crowd of boys! Damn it! 

I sigh heavily into Peters hold as he tenses around me as his head snaps around for Sophie, instantly disappearing after giving me a kiss to hide her in the shadows. Casually, I watch as all the boys rush into the trees to find the young girl- where as I just pick up a spear that's on the floor and stand beside the fire so that it's flames engulf my shadows.  

I place the metal tip of the spear into the red hot flames until it begins glowing under the unforgiving heat. All throughout this I hum a dark tune and watch as the pirate steals some of the sap from one of our sacred trees so he can remove his shadow. One of the returning lads eventually spots him and sounds the horn for others to return to aid him as Killian manages to claw his shadow free with his hook and give it a piece of wood. 

I wasn't in a rush to get him as I know that he won't get off this island unless Peter wants him to. 

"Grab him!" I shout from beside the flames as Killian latches onto his shadow and begins rising, unsteadily, from the ground. A few of the lost boys manage to grab his feet and legs and begin tugging or hitting him as if he were a piñata.

"Get that wand to Emma," the ex fairy shouts at him from her bounds between Robert and Jake as they haul her struggling form towards a post to tie her up on. She can watch as we deal with the pirate. 

It's not long before his hook slips free of it's holder and he falls to the ground where the boys jump on him and give him a good beating. Peter joining me at my side silently to watch proudly as our boys beat him to a pulp as the pirate curls up in a defensive ball on the ground. He's changed- the saviour's doing I'm sure- made him soft. 

"Enough," Peter shouts as he swaggers over to the excited lads as they back off the now unconscious pirate. Kicking him for good measure, Peter then rolls the adult over onto his back limply with a foot, "Tie him up boys," he smirks at me, sending a rush through my body- I've missed this cruel side of him, "we have a game to play," he sinkers as the lads haul the adult to his limp feet and tie him up carelessly at a stake. 

This will be fun!