"I don't approve of this mission. I spoke with the Clave. They're sending Seelie scouts to search for Valentine, but they made it clear, the little girl does not leave the premises." He said, crossing his arms.

Celeste shot him a look and hit him on the arm for that verbal dig he'd made towards Clary. Alec just glanced down at her before turning back to the group. He didn't seem too sorry for his words. In fact he wasn't sorry at all.

"Hey, my name is not 'little girl' okay? I don't care what that Clave thing or you want. I'm going to find Dot." Clary said defiantly.

"Alec, this Warlock could have the answers we need." Jace reasoned.

"And we definitely can't let her go out there alone. Not with the Circle trying to find her." Celeste added.

"They have a point." Izzy said, trying to convince Alec as well.

This only seemed to frustrate him more though, and he rounded on her. "Et tu, Izzy?" When no one responded, he turned to Clary. "Alright, since you have all the answers, where do you suggest we search?"

"We should start in Dot's apartment in Greenpoint. And there's this thrift store that she-" Clary cut herself off with a gasp, and the group noticed that the necklace she'd been fidgeting with started glowing.

"Clary?" Celeste asked, stepping closer to the girl worriedly. "Clary, are you alright?"

"What's wrong? What is it?" Jace asked.

Clary seemed to snap out of it and despite the confused state she still seemed to be in, she managed to get some sort of explanation out. "I, um... Weirdly, I think I know where Dot is."

Simon smiled and pulled his car keys out of his pockets. "Great! I'll drive." He told them.

Clary was still too shocked at what had just happened to think of a response, and most of the Shadowhunters didn't want the mundane to come along at all. As for Celeste, she just didn't want the mundane to get involved in anything that could be dangerous since he had no way to take care of himself in the Shadow World. She of course would do her best to protect him if he were to get involved, but she wasn't a miracle worker.

When Simon noticed the lack of responses, he frowned. "What? Unless you have like, a Shadowhunter-Mobile or something."

Izzy laughed once, but Celeste found it quite funny, and giggled a bit. Jace wasn't too happy about that, and it gave him all the more reason to hate the mundane.

When Simon looked down at his feet and saw that he was standing right on a rune, his eyes widened. "You were kidding about the runes on the floor killing me... right?"

While the others smiled at the lie he'd believed, Celeste gave Jace a look telling him to tell the truth, and when he took a step towards the boy, she really thought that's what he was going to do.

"Possibly." He said, and gave him a light pat on the cheek before walking off.

Celeste hit him when he walked past her, but he just kept walking and the others all followed him. She didn't even have a chance to try and calm Simon down before he was already freaking out.

"Wait... Am I gonna die?" He asked, worriedly.

Celeste grabbed his forearm to get his attention and shook her head. "No, you're going to be fine. Now come on, let's go. Unless Clary can drive us, you're the only one with a mundane license."

Once she was sure that Simon was following, she ran ahead to catch up with the others and once again jumped onto Alec's back. He turned his head over his shoulder to look at her with a glare, as he was still upset about the situation. This only caused her to burst into laughter, as she knew he couldn't be that upset if he had given in so quickly.