Episode 14: Fly High

Jesse's plane arrives from the States, and agrees to help Makoto and Leon with a task.

Today was a great day.

Jesse all but skipped to the pier of the lake, located not too far from the ranch on a dirt path.

Jesse waited days for his plane to arrive, and he had just gotten word from Kaz that it was prepared for takeoff.

Jesse planed on using the plane to make ranch deliveries across the town, using airdrops to drop off his product.

After a moment of travel, Jesse saw his plane in view, and ran to it as if it were a lover back from war.

Jesse ran his hand across the side of the plane, the paint still intact.

After the standard checks and maintenance, the plane was prepared for takeoff.

Jesse had just taken his seat in the pilot's chair when....

Voice: Hey Jesse!

Voice: Wait for us!

Jesse, taken from his joyous trance, looked to see two of his classmates running to the pier.

Makoto Naegi
Ultimate Lucky Kid

Makoto: We need a favor!

Leon KuwataUltimate Baseball Star

Leon Kuwata
Ultimate Baseball Star

Leon: You gotta help us!

Jesse: What's up guys?

Both of the men were breathing heavily, but began to speak after they caught their breath.

Makoto: Long story short, we need your plane to spread these.

Makoto held out a large stack of flyers for Sayaka's show.

Jesse grabbed the side of his plane defensively.

Jesse: You're not touching my baby!

Leon: We don't want to take it! We just need you to fly us to a few spots around the city!

Jesse: How did this all come around?

Makoto: We have science class with Sayaka, and she needed help to spread out these fliers, so we agreed to help her.

Jesse: Why would you agree to move this shit ton of fliers.

Leon: She said it was just a few.

Jesse: Not quite....you two are in luck, I was just prepping her to takeoff. So put on some headsets and hop in.

Leon: Yes!

Makoto: Thank you Jesse!

Timeskip, Skies Over The Docks
Jesse had dropped two sets of fliers over the financial district and the entertainment district, and all that was left was the docks.

Leon: We are so high up.

Makoto: I know, it's incredible.

Jesse: I assume that neither of you have flown before?

Makoto: Nope.

Leon: Nu-Uh.

The group approached the drop location when a odd sound came from the engine.

Jesse: Thought I fixed that....

Makoto: Is everything ok?

Jesse: Engine makes weird noises a few minutes after takeoff, not much past that.

Just then, the engine erupted in flames and stalled.

Jesse: Damn!

Makoto: Is that normal?

Leon: Hell no! We're going down!

Jesse: No we're not! Take the joystick Makoto! Keep her steady while I do some quick repairs.

Makoto took the joystick from Jesse as he leaned out the plane door equipped with tools and a fire extinguisher.

Makoto lost his grip, and the plane made a sharp left turn, causing Makoto to fall out of the left door, but being saved by Leon.

Leon: I got you!

Makoto: Thanks!

Jesse managed to extinguish the flames and restart the engine, taking the joystick and realigning the plane.

Leon pulled Makoto back into the plane, everyone panting wildly.

Makoto: That was close....

Leon: Yeah....

Jesse: Maybe I should get that sound checked out....why is the cargo bay open?

Jesse looked in the back of the plane, and found that all the fliers were gone.

Jesse: Wonder where they landed....

Timeskip, Hope Ranch
The group celebrated a successful flight with Soda and takeout.

The three of them were joyous....until Sayaka slammed the door open, her eyes filled with rage.

Sayaka: You three ruined the show!

Jesse: How did we do that!?

Makoto: Yeah! We delivered all the fliers!

Leon: In a plane!

Sayaka threw a newspaper at Jesse, it's headline read:

Record number of fisherman appear at concert!
Claim to have been attracted by the group's stunt plane!

The three went silent.

Jesse: Oh....we can explain.