Chapter 10

Over the next few weeks, life found a new rhythm that suited you just fine. Daryl, Rick, Glenn and Michonne took most of the runs beyond the walls. You took out separate groups to hunt and got into the habit of teaching them how to set traps, check snares and use the surrounding woods to their advantage.

Supplies were always a concern so Rick pushed the groups to go out further and further in the hopes of finding something sustainable. Sometimes it meant their group would be gone for two or three days at a time. Those were the hard days. Just when you thought you couldn't deal with the anxiety of waiting for Daryl to come home safely, the headlights would shine on the gates and you knew they were back.

That's how life went. You'd wake each morning, most times with Daryl lightly snoring next to you. After breakfast, you would say your goodbyes and head off on your respective runs. On the rare occasion, you did go out with Daryl beyond the walls, it usually broke down into disagreement of some kind because he thought you were being reckless, or you thought he was being an asshole. You would get frustrated with him, throw him an attitude and he would call you a pain in the ass.

All it would take though is one flirty look, or an inadvertent brush of his shoulder against yours, and you would find a safe, secluded spot to tear into each other. When you didn't have to worry about being in the overcrowded house, having to muffle the sounds of satisfaction as Daryl devoured every inch of you, it brought out something in him that you didn't realize existed.

Daryl grew much more ravenous for you with each day you spent together. Whether you were around the community or beyond the walls, he would find any chance to pull you aside to have a stolen moment. Life had become an unending cycle of passion, frustration and determination to keep going – to keep living.

It was during one of these stolen moments that Rick stumbled upon you and Daryl. They had just gotten back from a three-day run, and once Daryl had found you, neither of you could wait to get back home before ripping into the other.

He saw you walking from the infirmary towards home, and before Rick could get the car in park, Daryl was jumping out and grabbing you around your waist. He held you tight, burying his face in your neck and taking in a deep breath of you, and lifting you off the ground in the process.

Rick exited the car, shaking his head at you and the archer.

"This man is ridiculous Y/N," Rick said with a sarcastic smile, "three days of whining to get home... I don't know what you did to him, but could you please snap him out of it."

"No, sorry Rick. I'm gonna keep him just how he is," you said smacking Daryl's shoulder so he would put you down.

"C'mon," Daryl said as he took your hand and practically yanked you down the small path between a few of the houses. When you rounded the corner, and saw the walkway was empty, Daryl grabbed your face with both of his hands and kissed you deeply. There was no gentle, teasing kisses this time as his tongue made quick work of parting your lips and getting a taste of you.

Three days away had felt like weeks, and you could feel how much he missed you too. It was just as Daryl had you pushed back against the siding of a house, his hands now up in your shirt desperate to touch the soft skin of your breasts, that Rick walked around the corner and found you pawing each other.

"Uh... hey," Rick said turning his head from you both until you could fix your top. "Sorry to interrupt, but can I steal him for a moment? Only be a sex. Shit, sec."

You'd never seen Rick blush before, but it was something you'd never forget.

"Sure," you laughed and reached up to kiss Daryl's cheek. "He's all yours." You turned and winked at your boyfriend before heading back out to the main road. Unable to wipe the smile off your face, you leisurely strolled home knowing that in just a few short hours, you would have him all to yourself in the privacy of your room.