Love Will Remember

Y/N POV

Now's all we've got, and time can't be bought. I know it inside my heart, forever will forever be ours, even if we try to forget; Love will remember.

"I love you so much." Harry whispered, his fingers lightly running over my cheek as we laid together on the couch.

"I love you more." I replied, taking his hand in mine and kissing each finger tip.

"I don't think that's possible." We both lightly laughed as he pressed his lips to mine.

*

"Oh please, just shut up for once!" Harry shouted, running his hands over his face.

"I'm hardly even able to get any sentences in without you-"

"You're talking too much!"

"See!" I yelled, so frustrated. "Look, if you want a proper argument, you're going to have to hear my side as well."

"Just get out! I don't want to hear it, you're a bitch! Out, now!" Harry threw my purse at me and shoved me out of the door, slamming it behind me.

The trips we dreamed of taking, the tacks left on the map, what happened, what happened, what happened to that? All your promises, and all them plans we had? What happened, what happened, what happened to that?

I sat in my apartment, staring at the large map taped to the wall. Harry and I marked each place we wanted to visit with red tacks, and all the places we had been with blue tacks.

It's already been three and a half weeks and I'm still crying my heart out over the idiot. He pushed me out and hasn't talked to me since. I don't even remember what started the argument, I only remember him getting angry and throwing the remote at me before we started throwing useless remarks back and forth.

I looked around my room, wiping my nose on my shirt, and drying my cheeks with my hands. Harry used to tape a small piece of paper with a little note to my wall every time he came over. I started reading them, again.

I promise to always love you.

I promise to never leave your side.

You're so beautiful, I don't deserve you.

Please never leave me. I'd die without you.

There were many more notes, but I couldn't stand to read them anymore. My heart broke more and more each time I read his notes or looked at that stupid map.

We moved on, yeah, boom gone. Even if we try to forget, love will remember.

I've tried my best to get over Harry. I really have, but so many things keep reminding me of him and what we used to be. Today makes exactly one month since our big blow out, and we haven't contacted each other since. It's been terribly difficult to not pick up my phone and call him, or just send him a text telling him I love and miss him, but I've managed to keep my phone out of sight, only picking it up when it would ring. It was never Harry calling or texting.

And today, I decided I was sick of laying around, wasting my life away. I was going to go and get my man back.

*

I arrived at his house, ringing his doorbell twice and stepping back, waiting for the door to open.

When it did, I had to check the house number and make sure I was at the right house. It was a girl standing there, wearing a large white t-shirt. Oh, she was beautiful, way prettier than I am.

"Hi, can I help you?" She asked, her voice small and soft.

"Uh, yeah, is Harry home?" I asked, trying to keep my breathing steady and swallow the lump in my throat.

"Oh yeah, one second." She smiled, closing the door. I took a few more steps back, waiting for Harry. It didn't take him long to come out.

"Hi, Harry." I said, my eyes on the ground.

"Y/N." He whispered, sounding shocked.

"You already letting another girl live with you? It's only been a month, you know." I said quietly, making sure not to look at him. I knew I'd break if I did.

"Oh, like you haven't found a guy already." He replied, making me want to strangle him.

"No, Harry. I haven't. Want to know why? I've been crying my heart out at home, waiting for you to call me, or at least text me, but you never did. How long did it take you to find another girl and get over me?" My eyes moved up, only to his knees, and back down to his feet.

"I'm still not over you." He said, chipping at my already damaged heart.

"How long?" I repeated. He took in a deep breath.

"Two weeks." He said, and I could tell he was running his hands over his face.

I let out a laugh, shaking my head.

"She's wearing your shirt. What, is she living here too? Sleeping on your bed, hearing you tell her how much you love her all the time?" I said, hatred and anger dripping with each word.

How dare he do this? Especially so soon.

"I just needed someone to help me get over the pain and she was willing to do whatever I asked- hey, would you just look at me already?" His voice raised, like me not looking at him made him angry.

"Anything you asked? You mean sex?" My mouth dropped open, my heart shattering completely. I couldn't take much more.

"Look at me, Y/N." Harry's hand reach out, touching my hand. I quickly flinched away, not wanting to fall back into his arms, not wanting him to see me break.

"No. I don't want to. I just want to know why you never called. Then I'll leave." I said, my fingers nervously twiddling.

"I knew you wouldn't want to hear what I had to say. I knew I had messed up big time, and you wouldn't forgive me."

I scoffed.

"That's ridiculous! You don't know how I felt! I would have taken you back in a heartbeat!" I shouted, closing my eyes to keep myself from seeing him.

I felt his hands lightly touch mine. One hand held mine, the other came up and held my cheek.

"Open your eyes." I shook my head. "Please, just let me see your beautiful eyes." He whispered, and I started crying. I opened my eyes, and tears came with it.

"Don't cry over me, baby. I'm not worth it." He said, wiping my tears.

"I loved you. I have loved you all this time, and you just threw me away like some side chick." I said, pulling away from him. His arms fell limply to his sides.

"I'm sorry, I'm an idiot." He replied.

"I know you are." I wiped at my cheeks with my hands, walking down the stairs of the porch.

"You know," I began, "I was reading some of those notes you taped to my wall. One of them said I was beautiful. That girl in there, she is gorgeous, Harry. I just hope she really makes you happy, that's all I want." I finished, and began walking back to my car.

Right before I got in, I heard Harry shout, "I'll never stop loving you and trying to win you back!"

He may have never stopped loving me. Boy, I never ever stopped loving him.

But he stopped trying to win me back. He only tried for one week, and gave up. The only thing I can think about is him most of the time, but I'm okay. I'm alive, and I'm okay.