24: Bad Boys Aren't Romantic Remember?

I hesitate to go back inside the restaurant because of the commotion I had just created

I hesitate to go back inside the restaurant because of the commotion I had just created. Eric had asked me what was wrong and when I told him all that had happened he said he could take me back home if I wanted. In a way I did, I'd rather just run away from all of this, but I knew that if it wasn't dealt with today it would eventually be dealt with tomorrow.

I let out a shaky breath and Eric reaches for my hand and squeezes it. I give him a small smile and open the door to the restaurant, guiding myself and Eric inside the reception where everyone was.

"Well maybe it was because you never approved of our relationship! It's not like when we spent Christmas together things would be fine, I saw those eye rolls!"

"Eye rolls? You're the one that always came with an attitude, how was I supposed to react?"

"Oh shut up Elizabeth. My daughter was right. I don't need yours or anyone else's approval. My family is a little messed up, sure, but at least when we really need each other we stick together no matter what. Let's go boys."

I watch as my mom grabs her things and angrily walks away from Elizabeth, with my dad, Sage and Ethan following behind. Elizabeth stares in shock as my mom walks over to where I had just entered.

"You're back," mom acknowledges, "let's go, I'm done here and I'm really craving some pizza."

I merely nod my head and follow behind with everyone else as my mother stomps to the car. I had never seen her this angry in my life, but at the same time she seemed so badass as she walked out of the restaurant.

I turn back to Eric and give him a sheepish look.

"I'm sorry you drove all the way over here for no reason," I say.

He shakes his head, his red orange hair bouncing as he does.

"It's honestly no problem," he says.

"Well do you want to join us for some pizza since you did come?"

"Yeah of course," Eric replies with a smile.

"Cool, let me tell my parents. I can ride with you on the way if that's cool with you."

"Definitely," Eric replies, "I'll go turn on the car so that it's warm once you get inside."

I smile at him and go tell my parents Eric is coming along with us. We go to the nearest pizza joint and eat there, occasional laughs about tonight's event come up. I laugh along with everyone forcing a smile here and there because in the end the words I said were true. I set myself up for rejection and gave myself high hopes. I guess I should've known better. Eric drops me off at my mom's house an hour later. She had already gotten here before us and she's sitting on the couch by the time I open the door.

"Lux," mom says before standing up and walking over to me. She gives me a wary smile and asks me to sit. I stay quiet, knowing already what it is she is about to say.