19: Love and Other Troubles

When the ferris wheel ride is over we all decide to go home

When the ferris wheel ride is over we all decide to go home. Bianca drops off Omar first and then drives to my house.

"Bye," I say to them as I open the car door.

Bianca and SoHo bid me goodbye and as I'm about to close the door Aaron grabs it.

"What?" I question. He half smiles and walks out of the car but doesn't say a thing.

"What are you doing?" I ask him after he closes the car door.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" He says.

I merely shrug and wait until he explains himself. He let's out a sigh and grabs me arm, pulling me toward the front door.

"Ow," I say, "you're holding me too tight."

He immediately let's go of my arm.

"Sorry," he says, "well here we are."

"Okay," I say, the word sounding more like a question than a statement.

I give him a last glance before I turn around and reach for the doorknob.

"I was walking you to the front door," Aaron suddenly says, "it's supposed to be romantic."

My hand squeezes the doorknob. And I just can't help but think why. Why is he doing this? Why am I feeling like this? Why? And I want to scream it out loud. I want to tell ask him to his face, but instead I force out a laugh.

"Better luck next time," I say teasingly but don't look at him. After waiting a few seconds longer I twist the doorknob and open the door. I turn around to close it catching the sight of Aaron.

"Bye," I add and he nods before turning back and walking to the car. I close the door and let out a breath that I didn't realize I was holding in.

The next day I get up early to go to work

The next day I get up early to go to work. On the weekends the diner is the most busiest.

"Hey," I say to Eric when I see him.

"Hey what's up," he says to me with a smile. It is a couple minutes before the diner opens and we use this time to catch up. When it is time to open people begin flooding in. Hours go by as I continue serving customers their food. It is noon when Eric and I have our lunch break and we sit in the back to enjoy some of the sandwiches that were made for us.