6: Sounds like Drama to Me

"Cat got your tongue?" questions Aaron

"Cat got your tongue?" questions Aaron. There's a slick smile forming on his face. His plump pink lips motion upwards and his eyes are gleaming. Its a face of victory and he's showing it because he wants me to feel defeated. Somehow I do.

"How exactly are you gonna do that?" Is all I say but he shakes his head, letting me know it won't be that easy for him to spill everything.

"You'll see."

"Yeah well let me just tell you that your dumb homecoming proposal extravaganza was all for nothing because I'm not going with you."

He raises an eyebrow questioningly at me. "You already said yes."

"I can still say no."

"But you won't, because if you do everyone will know what kind of person you really are. Ruining people's repution is what you're acing at right now. Have you seen Giana's latest post?"

"No. What did she put?" I question alarmed.

"Oh nothing. Just exposing that Kimmy Wilkerson is cheating on her boyfriend with his brother. Penny Lot is actually lesbian--which let's be honest, we all knew. Steven Cho is a virgin and oh yeah Aaron Reeves is a phony bad boy who's actually a douche bag. Go figure, huh?"

"Why is she doing this?"

"Because you pushed her. That girl is stopping at nothing. You know Bianca already tried to take down her account but she can't and Bianca is a genius with this type of shit."

"Well I already asked her to stop. What's makes you think her seeing us together at homecoming will change her mind about you?"

It's that same old smug face again. He looks so sure of himself and it pisses me off. He steps closer and stands taller, as if wanting to intimidate me with a close proximity but I don't falter.

"You just focus on getting yourself a nice dress for homecoming and leave the rest to me."

"Why are you the only one that can make a plan?"

"Because I have to make it believable and if I tell you, you'll just ruin everything. I watched the spring musical last year. That was some shitty acting you pulled up on stage."

"That was the point asshole, I played an airhead that didn't know what was going on."

"Oh really? Damn. No wonder you didn't get the lead."

"If I were you I wouldn't get so smug," I remark. "For some weird reason you still have the mentality that everyone at school loves you. Must I remind you that you're not Mr. Hotshot anymore or should I show you the comments on Giana's post?"

The smile on Aaron's face falls immediately and he stares at me with anger in his eyes.

"You fucked this up for me," he says, "and you sure as hell are gonna help me undo this whether you like it or not." He turns around and stomps toward the car leaving me alone.