"You're pretty handsome, Danny." He looks down to me with a small smile on his face.

"Really?" He asks sarcastically.

"Really." I say seriously. His smile is wiped off of his face, and he looks at me seriously.

He faces gets closer, and almost an inch away, I sigh.

"We shouldn't be doing this." He says quietly.

"Definitely not." I could barely hear myself speak as I glanced from his eyes to his lips.

I jump at the sound of both of our phones blaring. But I'm off of the couch before Danny can even blink. My phone is sitting on the coffee table, and with a quick swipe, I answer it.

"McGarrett." Calm and steady Emily, calm and steady.

"Emily, it's Captain Grover, we have a situation and we're going to need you to come down." I nod my head.

"What's the situation, Lou?" I grab my duffle as I walk into the bathroom.

"Well, your brother was shot at already this morning when he was questioning Wo Fat. One of the guys on the other side is still breathing, so he brought him into interrogation. I'm not even there and I already know this is going to be a tall stack of paperwork. So, you coming down?" I let out a slight chuckle.

"I'll be there in 20 minutes." I shut off my phone and quickly pull out an outfit.

" I shut off my phone and quickly pull out an outfit

—minus the necklace.

I let my hair down and leave it, considering it looked just fine. I throw on some light makeup and run out of the bathroom, seeing Danny dressed and sitting on the couch.

"How did you get ready so quickly?" I grab my keys from the side table at the door as I speak.

"Maybe you were just too slow." I stick my tongue out at him before grabbing the doorknob and walking out the door.

"You're not coming with me?" I shake my head.

"I'm an independent woman, Daniel. Plus, I love driving." He chuckles and runs to his car parked next to mine.

"See you there, Emily."

"Don't make any threats, Daniel." He grimaces as I continue to call him by his first name.

Deciding to be a little ambitious, I take another route, remembering the roads from my childhood.

All of a sudden, steam starts coming from under the hood of my car. I groan and begin to pull over.