Chapter 24: Confirming

Start from the beginning

"Great, thanks for not doing that," I said a little sarcastically but was actually quiet happy knowing that she didn't have a clue about about what happened last night. It would've been so awkward if she remembered.

But why was it that I felt nothing about her making out with me. Last time when a little lip touching with Minjae happened, I totally freaked out.

Maybe it was because Minjae being a guy. But why did I I keep on worrying what Minjae thought when he saw Eunbi kissing me. Something's weirdly wrong with me.

The little bell above the pastry shop chimed as we entered. Girls really seemed to like sweets, Eunbi ordered muffins and cocoa for us then we sat down.

"You're treating me. Okay?" She demanded wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Okay." I answered while scanning the shop and the other pastries that were decorated under the glass. It seemed like there were lots of flavours, some of them not even sweet. Maybe I should buy those for Minjae since he didn't like sweet pastries.

He was all alone at home. What if hr got sick like last time? I checked the watch on my phone as I was tapping my feet on the floor continuously.

"Yah!" Suddenly my phone was snatched from my hands. I looked up to find Eunbi pouting at me. "You can get busy with your phone later. Can't we have a conversation now?"

"Okay, okay. What do you want to talk about?" I took in a deep breath trying to calm myself down and to stop thinking about Minjae for a second.

"Hmm." She put her elbow up on the round table, putting her chin on it she tried thinking a little. "Are you dating anyone?"

I rolled my eyes at her. "Nope," I replied.

"Then have a crush on someone?"

Soyou? But I didn't know what changed inside me, I didn't feel that much attracted to her the past days. What was more confusing is I keep asking myself if I really liked her all these years or if I just liked her personality. Because she seemed a total opposite of me, she was like an idol to me when I was little.

"No," I replied again.

"Oh." Eunbi parted her mouth a little. "You know I met Mrs Yoo, your mom few months ago. I missed her so much! She said she missed me a lot too. She even came to my house and we talked for a while."

"Oh really?" I asked this time checking the shop's wall-clock unconsciously. Eunbi must've met my mom three months ago when mom came to Korea. But mom hadn't told me that she met Eunbi. Perhaps she forgot about.

"And she told me about everything. I said I was going to Paris too so I can complete my graduation there. It felt like fate you know! She was saying the same thing. Yah! Kihyun! Are you even listening?"

I snapped back from my daze. "Ah, yeah. What were you saying?"

She let out a sigh looking down then looked up at me. "Yoo Kihyun, You have changed a lot."

"In what way?"

"I remember what I did last night." She suddenly said. "I kissed you, I remember that."

It took me a moment to grasp what she was talking about looking so serious. I could feel the awkwardness coming and I didn't want it among us.

"You were drunk," I stated simply.

"But I know what I was doing." Eunbi looked into my eyes, hers looking teary. In fact she looked like she was going to cry anytime. "Why do you act so clueless?"