Chapter 27

Once we were back in the car I dig through my bag in search of my cell. I have over ten missed calls from Jade and Camille but they hadn't left any messages. I decide to fire off a short text to both of them.

Me: I'm ok me and Liam have come to a compromise. TTYL

Jade: you can bet your ass you are!

Camille: take care! (and I have ur shirts?!)

With that I turn to Liam. He has his eyes on the dirt road ahead of him but as always his hand stray to me whenever it is unoccupied. It's almost as if he can't bear not to touch me and I love it.

"Are you taking me home now?" I ask.

"No we're going to my place. I have a surprise for you." He cast a quick look at me and raises his hand, forestalling my protests. "Just for a few hours I promise. I'll take you home later."

I contemplate my options before answering. "Okay, but only because I'm curious about the surprise. I'll honor you with my present for awhile longer." I say playfully.

"Big of you Bambi." I don't have to look at his face to know he's grinning. It's clear in his voice.

"I know, I'm so generous." This earns me a barked laughter and a squeeze of my thigh. "Are your parents home?"

"They should be. I'm taking this opportunity to introduce them to my first girlfriend."

"You know, you still haven't asked me to be your girlfriend."

He looks at me from the corner of his eye and grins. "I asked if you were in. Isn't that pretty much asking you to be my girlfriend?"

Not really but it's probably the best I'm gonna get so I'll take it.

Suddenly he reaches over and grabs my cell. He brings the car to a standstill before he looks at the screen and begins to tab on it. I just sit there confused until I hear a sound coming from Liam's pocket.

He gives back my phone with a grin. "Got your number Bambi. Now you're not getting away!"

I shake my head in wonder. I can't believe I only now got his number. We've known each other for more than a month!

I shake my head again and smile at him. Then I reach over and turn on the radio. We spend the rest of the ride to Liam's home in comfortable silence, apart from the songs being played. It's nice.

When we reach the giant gates of the Paine's property, they slide open without Liam having to do anything. I release my seatbelt and I'm about to leave the car when Liam places a hand on my arm "Stay."

Frowning I do as he asks and watch as he exits the car and walks around to my side. He opens my door and takes my hand to pull me out.

"When you ride with me you wait for me to open the door for you."

"And they say chivalry is dead." I say with a smile. He smiles back and starts leading me towards the front door. When he notice me looking around nervously he pulls me closer and walks with my front plastered to his side.

"You're safe with me." He assures me. I nod in reply but I can't seem to help myself. Once inside he bellows for his parents. I jab him with my elbow but he just grins cheekily down at me. Mrs. Paine appears on the stairs in the company of a middle aged man who must be Liam's father. He's buff like Liam and while Liam has his mother's eyes the rest must come purely from Mr. Paine. Just like me with Liam, the pretty woman is practically dwarfed standing by her husband's side.