Chapter 11-God Help Me

Charlie POV

"I screwed up! How can I be so stupid?!" I screamed at myself. The only response I received was Newt yawing. I poured myself a scotch and drank it profusely. I called Riley several times but she sends me to voicemail. I plop down on my couch, thinking of what I did. Newt got up and curled next to me. I petted Newt and he started to whine. He missed Riley and so do I. Suddenly, there was a knock on my door. I go to open it thinking it was Riley. I look through the peephole to see that it's the whore I use to screw with. "Baby! I miss you! Open the door!" Lord knows I was tempted to give myself to her, but I want only Riley. She is mine and I am hers. Whether or not she wants me, I'll remain faithful to her forever. I ignore her. I raised up the TV so I could block her screaming. Riley. Riley. Please come back to me.

Riley Ann POV
I ran far as I could. I was cold and shaking. The rain had hit me when I was leaving Charlie's apartment. His possessive nature scared me to death. I didn't realize that my phone was dead and I stood there at the bus stop. I began to weep silently. What seemed hours, a car pulled up to me. Scared that it was Charlie, I pulled my hoodie upwards and closed my eyes. "Riley?" A voice asked. I looked up and saw Vince staring at me, with curious eyes. The last person I wanted to see. "What do you want, Vince?" I asked. Vince pulled over and came outside with a black umbrella. "Why are you here in the rain?" He asked. "Because I'm recreating Rihanna's Umbrella music video. Now why the hell are you here?" I sarcastically replied. He looks at me and says, "I saw you walking in the rain. Do you want a lift? I'm sorry I reacted the way I did. Let me help you, please." I looked at my feet, then to him. His smile is genuine and kind. "Just take me home." I muttered. Vince held me close to keep me warm and he escorted me to his car. As he was closing my door, I couldn't help but feel that I was being watched.

Charlie POV
The whore finally left. I was getting worried when Riley didn't answer my phone calls. I raced to my car and began to search for my love. I saw her at the bus stop covering herself and weeping. As I was getting ready to approach her, a black Ford Focus drove beside her. It pulled over and Vince came out of the car. He stood there with her, carrying an umbrella. Finally, she left with him; as he held her close. THAT SON OF A BITCH!!! HOW DARE HE TOUCH MY GIRL?! I was fuming with anger as he placed her in the car. I began screaming. I WILL HAVE HER BACK.