Chapter 2-Home At Last

Riley Ann POV

It's now summer and I'm back home from college. School had let out in the beginning of May. My parents waited for me at Boston Logan International Airport. I was flying in from Washington D.C. after spending my freshman semester interning at the Capitol. I was a messenger that was only paid $10 an hour. I also attended Catholic University of America studying Computer Science with a minor in Latin. Coming from a Catholic family, I was shy and quiet. I kept to myself most of my time and had very little acquaintances. I'm not a social person because I sometime see myself as an introvert. In my whole life, I had only one boyfriend. His name was Vince but he had cheated on me with my friend after I refused to have sex with him. That was two months ago. I was so lucky to have placed in the back burner before my finals. I was and still am young. Only 20 and saving myself for marriage. He didn't deserve me and I have banished them from my life. Whilst driving through Boston, I forgot how beautiful it looks in the summer. My two siblings, Walter and Sophie, were waiting outside with a 'welcome' home sign, along with my grandparents. I kiss and hug everyone as I'm walking in the house. There is a small celebration for me. I'm happy coming back home, but I feel so distant. I feel lonely and sad. As my family and I finish our dinner, there is a knock on the door. I go to open it and I can't believe who it was. "Hey, baby girl. Welcome home."