11:45pm

The moon was the only source of this damaged inhabitants of a post-apocalyptic world... The way it has glistened upon the fluorescent colours of the members uniform and custom war paint had created such a brutal and sneaky look for them.

The night was silent. The air crisp and soft...

Pidge leapt out from the drain nearest to the broken road. Her hands and knees covered in black soot and her hair ruffled as if she came straight out a punk concert.

"Pidge, Pidge... Are you their?" Glitched the voice (that sounded like Allura) through the earpiece in which was slotted well into Pidge's ear.
"Yes ma'am," Pidge responded as she looked around hastily, her fluorescent uniform was just enough to make her stand out and killed there and then... On the spot!

Pidge went into her Jean pocket and got out a small triangular 2D device in which she put up against her chest.... Holding the button, she suddenly faded and her neon green colours turned musky and dirty.

"Heh." Pidge grinned at her genius self as she carried on with her task.
"So Allura, why did you send me out here?" Pidge looked around in case of any danger. She was prepared, her little devices and hidden rubble robots were enough to fear anyone!.... Right?

"Pidge, Pidge," Allura's voice suddenly went from sweet and soft to demanding and tolerable (According to Pidge), "Do you see a small glow in the middle of the battlefield?"

Pidge quickly turned a corner, her hands placed on the broken down and abandoned mansion. Her eyes scanning quickly across both sides of the destination for any civilians lurking.

"I don't see I-" Pidge was instantly cut off. She leant back and fell straight into a pile of rubbish as the ground shook.
Everything around her shook before her... It terrified Pidge but it never stopped her.

The centre of the field cracked open, a glowing rainbow had shone through and everything was too bright for Pidge's eyes.

"Woah" Pidge's eyes sparkled as suddenly, gems and crystals began to spread from one side to the other. "Is this what we've been looking for Allura?" Pidge spoke through the earpiece, "Please educate me on what these rocks, crystals and gems are."

Pidge instantly got closer, her eyes' drawn attention to only the rich fuelled gems rooted between the cracks of the floor. The massive hole/slit was also filled with the crystals etc.

"These crystals are used to generate so much power." Allura began, "It has been a tale, thousands of years ago that this specific place, before the ruins, was powered by these crystals. It was literally so powerful that if we used these power supplies and reuse them as active energy upon the weapons, we will get so so so much of upgrade! Heck, we could even eat these beautiful babies! We could have the ability and strength of that beautiful powerful gem!" Pidge suddenly grabbed her jacket and started to collect as many crystals as possible.

But something in the atmosphere felt odd.
Pidge heard slight breakage of rubble... Her head turning every couple of seconds.

After she shrugged it off, she picked up the heavy load and gave it to her buddy Rover (who has an upgrade btw and isn't dead)...

"Hahaha" Wait... That wasn't Pidge.

Suddenly Pidge turned around, not long before she was punched in the face and her whole world went completely black...

~ 1:01am ~

Everything was black.
It was as if the night sucked her in and kept her hostage, away from the reality of which she had first laid eyes upon.

"Yoo, Pidge. Long time no see. Well, only I can see you since you have a sack of potatoes bag over your head..." She recognised that voice anywhere.

"Let me go. Leave me alone. Please. I'll... I'll do anything! Absolutely anything!" Pidge begged as she began to trembled into her chair, already tied up and Pidge could feel herself getting claustrophobic inside of that potato sack she was placed in...

"Anything?" It was hard to deny that that cunning voice also came along with a crooked grin. The potato sack instantly came off and Pidge was able to catch her breath...

"Yes... Anything...." Huffed Pidge, her eyes welling up with painful tears.

"Very well then." His eyes were beautiful, shining down upon the green team member with love and kindness. And yet his gravelly voice said otherwise. "I'm Lance. As you may remember me before this apocalyptic world, my friend."

Pidge's eyes grew wide with fear.
No. She didn't remember her past and if she did, she would refuse so quickly and so demandingly that not even Allura knew or spoke of it.
But that wasn't the case.

Lance McClain. The leader of The Blue Team. He was quick, coordinated upon steps and shooting. Yes, he was the best sharpshooter in all of anyone's teams... But once you're caught, the price the so-called "sweetheart of a boy" had on his mind, was always gruesome. You wouldn't even dare think that by looking at his cute face. The way his blue eyes are soft, his smile could make any girl (or boy) tremble and fall at the knees. His jawline was just, perfect and his hair was slightly curly and not even matted in this kind of habitat he grew into...

"Pplease ddont kill mme" begged Pidge, her tears streamed furiously down her face with such angst. Her head hung low and her breathing was cut short from minimal air being breathed in...

"Listen Pidge. I'm not gonna kill you. Or your team..." Lance smiled softly, using his hand to lift up Pidge's chin.

"You're - you're not?" Pidge sensed a bit of hope in her heart for Lance as he grinned evilly.

"Only on one simple question... With a possible explanation for someone with the brains like you..." He lightly pricked Pidge's forehead as his face got even nearer. Like... A 2cm gap between the pair's heads.

"W-what is it?"

"... Join us. As a team." Lance held Pidge's face and instantly sat on her lap.

"Join you guys? A-ah I can't do that! S switching teams is illegal Lance! D do you want the system to track you down and have you slaughtered?" Pidge furrowed her brows in confusion but also anger. She needed to get out of here...

"Oh nonono..." Lance smirked, "You're not going to illegally switch teams... You see, there is this old folk law my momma used to tell me back when I was just a young boy, that these crystals that you successfully found, can help rebuild this place once again. They can heal, they can repair damaged parts of building and bodies, bring back the dead, upgrade weapons, upgrade outfits and people... But they can also bring me the lions."

Pidge broke into laughter.

"Lance," Pidge snorted, "The lions don't exist - that IS folk law and you KNOW what it is... Right?"

Lance suddenly kissed her on the cheek, "ah... All the genius ones sure can be blind to the tales explained to them... Well done Pidge. You outplayed yourself. I already have the blue lion... But join me. And we can FORM VOLTRON - No joke Pidge. However, you do not switch from Green Team to blue. For you, we should go our ways into finding more of lions and making the team expand even more... What do you say?"

"Uhhh-"

"Really it's join or be killed since you're in the blue domain... So unless you're dead on the inside, we can arrange that to be fully dead if you do-"

"Alright alright..." Pidge muttered under her breath, "I'll join your stupid team..."

Lance grabbed a knife nearest to him and cut off the ropes that tied Pidge in place... (Yes, he's still on Pidge's lap)

"Naw you looked cute when you were helpless ... Sweetie take care and tell Allura to be careful where she sends off her minions... You never know.. They could even get killed..."
After Lance got off of Pidge he instantly poked her cheek with his tongue lightly and pushed her out of the blue domain...

"What a creep..." Pidge sighed as she began walking back to hers with the crystals....