Five Hours

Harry's POV

"I'm officially depressed." Gemma sighed as we drove down the highway towards the airstrip. "This is the worst."

"Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine." I teased her as she just gave me the finger in the rear view.

She was sat directly behind me, Hails squeezed between her and Mum, and Robin in the passenger seat. As my sister had so eloquently expressed all morning, the three of them were heading home and she was less than pleased about it.

We'd spent their last full day taking them to the waterfall Hails had shown me on my first adventure, Gemma insisting she see it before she left because Niall had told her so much about it and she'd seen the photos. They'd loved it as much as I had, and it had been an amazing way to spend their last day. We'd finished up with a barbeque at Ryan and Kelsey's where Mum and Gem tried to soak in as many cuddles with Sophia as they could get, already in withdrawals by the time we headed home for bed.

It had been a good visit, and I was happy to see they'd loved Lily Ridge as much as I did. They adored Hails, as I knew they would, and I felt like my two favorite worlds had collided perfectly.

"Hails, I will be back literally as soon as possible." Gemma told her. "I swear if I can get a visa I will move here."

"Oi, calm down. You're not leaving your mother behind. You're the only child I have left at home!" Mum objected.

"Oh, so it's just the husband that gets tossed aside?" Robin laughed. "I think everyone just needs to calm down. We now have a new family vacation spot, we will be back."

"Better be." Gem muttered under her breath, loud enough for everyone to hear.

I hadn't told them that I'd officially put in an offer on the place I'd rented, figured I'd surprise them with it at Christmas or something. I knew they'd be overjoyed, especially my sister since she was apparently already ready to move there. I'd put it in my Mum's name, since she now had a different last name that was less likely to tip anybody off that I'd purchased it, and since I was paying cash I was told the deal would be done by the weekend.

"Alright, everybody out." I laughed as I parked at the airstrip and everyone got out of the car. "Time for you all to go home while I stay here."

"Sometimes you're a real dick, you know that?" Gemma smiled as I purposely rubbed salt in her wound of leaving because I thought it was funny.

"Yeah, I know." I laughed. "But I'm still your favorite brother."

"By default only." She said with a roll of her eyes.

"Okay, honey. I guess we'll see you soon." Mum sighed. "I miss you already."

I watched as her eyes began to tear up, a sight I'd always hated any time we had to say goodbye. I'd spent so much time away from home that she never really knew when she'd see me again, which was something no mother should ever really have to wonder.

"I'll call you soon, Mum. I promise."

I hugged her as long as possible, trying to reassure her that I would be fine and I'd see her soon, before Robin finally pulled her away to hug me for himself.

"You behave yourself, lad." He said as he pulled away and put his hand on the side of my cheek, playfully slapping me. "I love ya."

"Love you too." I chuckled as I watched the girls all say goodbye to each other, the three of them almost in tears.

"You have to come to England, you'll love it. And we'll come back soon." Mum told her as Hailey nodded.

"I'm so glad you guys enjoyed your visit. It's been amazing having you here." Hails said sincerely, and I knew she'd enjoyed their stay just as much as I had.