Good Thing

Hailey's POV

I collapsed onto my bed the second Harry was gone, letting it all come crashing down on me as I realized that I'd really lost him for good. I still didn't have any answers, I still didn't understand why or what I'd done, but at that point it didn't feel like any of it mattered.

He was so angry when he'd stormed out of his house, slamming the door in my face as he took off, and if the kids hadn't been watching from the other room I probably would have burst into tears. It wasn't until Kelsey came and picked them up an hour later that I allowed myself to feel it. I felt all of it, the pain of him leaving the first time, of standing me up when I'd planned to tell him I was in love with him, being away from him for so long, the night he let me go before I left London, and the fact that he didn't even bother to call me once he finished his tour. It took Gram dying for him to even contact me, and I didn't know what that said about us anymore.

I couldn't do it. I couldn't keep holding out hope that Harry and I would ever end up together. We'd never even actually been in a relationship for fuck sake, and there I was fantasizing about our happily ever after when he couldn't even bother to string a sentence together to tell me how he felt. It was by far the lowest point of my life as I collapsed onto my bed, letting two years of heartache along with the loss of yet another person I loved hit me.

Before I could even register the sound of his boots coming up the stairs, Harry burst through the door, breathless and panting as he glared at me defiantly.

"No." He growled as I sat up, staring at him in shock as he came toward me. "I'm not fucking leaving."

I just stared at him, shocked by his sudden presence and the anger in his tone. He was insanely worked up, his hands balled into fists as his chest heaved up and down, until he got on his knees in front of me and looked up at me. His features softened as he gazed up at me, swallowing hard before he spoke.

"I'm not leaving because I left you once, I let you go, and it was the dumbest fucking decision I've ever made." He said quickly. "I'm not doing it again, I'm not leaving."

I tried to fight back the tears that were forming as I looked down at him, before he stood up and began pacing in front of me, pulling at his hair as he anxiously walked back and forth. I stood up slowly from the bed as I watched him, wondering what had him so worked up and feeling like I needed to do something to help him.

"I never should have done it. I was trying to do the right thing, I thought it was, but if it was the right thing it wouldn't feel so fucking shitty. I should have come after you, I should have called and told you how much I wanted you, but I thought it was selfish of me. I don't care if it was selfish, I should have fought harder for you, and I fucking hate myself for letting you get away."

I watched him, seemingly unraveling in front of me, before he turned and focused his eyes on me. The look on his face was of fear, pure and unfiltered, as he came and stood in front of me.

"I don't care who he is, or what he means to you. We both know that nobody, and I mean fucking nobody will ever feel the way about you that I do. Nobody will ever love you like I do, and you can go out and search the world for something that comes remotely close to what we have, but I guarantee you'll never find it." He said, the determination thick in his voice.

My heart was pounding in my chest as he stood in front of me, looking down at me like I held the answers to every question he'd ever had, and I tried to swallow the lump that formed in the back of my throat.

"He doesn't get you, Hailey. I do. I understand you in a way that nobody else does or ever will, and that's why you ran from me in the first place. And that's why I pushed you away. Because deep down we both know that if we do this, it's forever, and it terrifies us." He said as he reached up and gripped the side of my face with his large hand. "Nobody else can do what you do to me, nobody can ever make me feel the way you do, and I don't want them to. I'm yours, I've always been only yours."