Present

Harry's POV

Niall let out a huge sigh as he plunked himself down on the couch while I threw my keys onto the coffee table and headed to the kitchen to grab us each a bottle of water.

"Shit, mate. I'm exhausted." He said as he threw his head back on the couch, looking like he was too tired to even hold his head up. "My whole body hurts."

"I know, me too." I sighed as I sat down next to him and handed him a water. "I really appreciate your help though, bro. Honestly, thanks for coming." I said sincerely.

"Of course. You know I'm always here when ya need me. Besides I came to hang out with my best mate, see what you've been up to. I didn't just come to help." He smiled.

"I know, but I still appreciate it and I'm glad you're here."

"It's a good thing, Haz. What you're doing...I'm happy to be a part of it. It's obvious that it means something."

"It does. I just wanna do as much of it myself as I can, I need it to be perfect." I sighed, still worried it might blow up in my face somehow.

"Well I've been here, I see how hard you're working. There's no way it won't be." He said reassuringly as he reached over and put his hand on my shoulder.

"I promise we'll get some fun in while you're here, I just need to get this first part done and then I'll have more time." I promised, feeling bad that he'd done nothing but work his ass off since he'd arrived.

"Harry, stop worrying about it. I'm good, I swear." He laughed.

I nodded, still feeling bad, before I threw my head back on the couch and closed my eyes. I knew there was no way I could truly express to him how thankful I was to have him there, I knew I couldn't do the whole thing myself, obviously, and eventually I'd have to hire someone else to help, but the less people I had to involve the better and it was nice to have someone I knew I could trust.

"Hails coming over tonight?" He asked.

"I'd assume so." I shrugged. "She usually heads over after work."

"What does she think we do all day?" He smirked as he looked over at me.

"I have no idea." I laughed. "I think I mentioned before you got here that we might golf or something, maybe she just assumed we're doing that. You've only been here two days so I guess she hasn't had much time to think about it."

"I like her." He said simply. "She's cool, obviously different than the chicks we're used to being around."

"Yeah...that's for sure." I sighed.

"Why do you sound disappointed?" He laughed as he playfully shoved me.

"I dunno...I'm not. Not in Hails anyways. I guess I'm just disappointed in the situation. We had a bit of a talk the other night, and I kinda brushed it off cause I didn't wanna have to get into it. I just...don't know what the fuck I'm doing and I'm so torn 24/7 and I hate it."

"Torn how?"

"I don't know, it's just so complicated. I really like her, Niall."

"That sounds pretty simple, mate." He sighed, looking over at me.

"For someone with a normal life, I guess it is. But we both know I can't give her what she deserves."

He just looked over at me, waiting for me to continue as I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair in frustration.

"I don't live here. Once my album is done I'll have promo and maybe a tour and I'll be back at it again. We both know what happens when you try to have a relationship in this business, especially one of us." I sighed.